Get Rid of Ctrl-Alt-Del Log-On, User Name, and PW

Get Rid of Ctrl-Alt-Del Log-On, User Name, and PW

Post by Arlen » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 08:50:10

When I boot with Windows XP, I have to press Ctrl-Alt-Del and then type in a
user name and password. Is there any way to bypass all of this and just have
Windows open? It's a real pain to do this each time. All help greatly
appreciated.

--

Arlene

Get Rid of Ctrl-Alt-Del Log-On, User Name, and PW

Post by Jason Tsan » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:02:59

Goto Start, Run and type "control userpasswords2"
Then under the users tab, uncheck Users must enter a username/pass to use this computer"
Then press ok and Enter your username/password

--
Jason Tsang - Windows XP MVP & Associate Expert

Find out about the MS MVP Program -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpawardintro

Find out about the Windows XP Expert Zone -
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

> When I boot with Windows XP, I have to press Ctrl-Alt-Del and then type in a
> user name and password. Is there any way to bypass all of this and just have
> Windows open? It's a real pain to do this each time. All help greatly
> appreciated.

> --

> Arlene

Get Rid of Ctrl-Alt-Del Log-On, User Name, and PW

Post by Fox » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:51:53

Download TweakUI and you can set it to automatic logon with the username you
want.

Quote:> When I boot with Windows XP, I have to press Ctrl-Alt-Del and then type in

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Get Rid of Ctrl-Alt-Del Log-On, User Name, and PW

Post by Jason Tsan » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:44:47

You should not use older versions of TweakUI in Windows XP as they can introduce various issues that could have been easily avoided if you had used the TweakUI designed for WinXP.

Get the WinXP powertoys (including TweakUI) here

Jason Tsang - Windows XP MVP & Associate Expert

Find out about the MS MVP Program -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpawardintro

Find out about the Windows XP Expert Zone -
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

> > Download TweakUI and you can set it to automatic logon with the username you
> > want.

> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsme/guide/tweakui.exe

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

Get Rid of Ctrl-Alt-Del Log-On, User Name, and PW

Post by Arlen » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:46:44

Jason--this worked like  a charm. Thanks.

--

Arlene

Goto Start, Run and type "control userpasswords2"
Then under the users tab, uncheck Users must enter a username/pass to use
this computer"
Then press ok and Enter your username/password

--
Jason Tsang - Windows XP MVP & Associate Expert

Find out about the MS MVP Program -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpawardintro

Find out about the Windows XP Expert Zone -
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

Quote:> When I boot with Windows XP, I have to press Ctrl-Alt-Del and then type in
> user name and password. Is there any way to bypass all of this and just
have
> Windows open? It's a real pain to do this each time. All help greatly
> appreciated.

> --

> Arlene

Get Rid of Ctrl-Alt-Del Log-On, User Name, and PW

Post by Jason Tsan » Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:49:41

Glad you got it working the way you want it to.