cd-rom drive and hard drive both share 0 0 location on bus after widows updat

cd-rom drive and hard drive both share 0 0 location on bus after widows updat

Post by jeff » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 05:21:01

after a re-install of windows xp professional my cdrom
drive and my hard drive both read  that there on the same
buss although they are on seperat cables cd rom is on 0 1
and 1 1 how do i solve this??

1. Windows thinks CD-ROM drive is hard drive

I have 2 had drives on my primary IDE bus, and 2 optical storage drives on my
secondary IDE bus.  Both pairs have a designated master and slave.  The bios
recognizes each device correctly.  Windows device manager shows the hard
drives under Disk Drives and the optical drives under DVD/CD-ROM Drives.

The issue is that Windows Explorer lists the CD-ROM drives under Hard Drives
and the LOW DISK SPACE warning bubble pops up (when a CD is inserted).

Help!

2. Windows Scripting Host 5.6

3. Help - NT system continually checks CD-ROM drive and hard drive

4. Window Size, a mind of it's own

5. CD-ROM drive letter after addition of hard drive

6. cd rom drive G

7. cd drive f (DVD/CD-ROM) and cd drive e (CD-RW)

8. renaming drive letters

9. CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives do not recognize CD-ROMs and DVD-Roms

10. DVD-ROM Drive appears as CD-ROM Drive in My Computer

11. o hard drive o hard drive where art thou hard drive?

12. shared CD-ROM drive in wfwg (actually: Why can't I share...)

13. 2 hard drives and 1 cd rom drive