whats is the best bitrate

Post by devlindar » Wed, 14 May 2003 08:45:39

whil e looking at my mp3 collection I noticed that alot of their
respective bitrates were all over the place can someone please explain it to
me so I can understand it, what is the best bit rate and why, I am really
getting into this stuff (audiofile) and I want to know what is what & why
thus I can build my surround sound system and stereo systems for the best
experience

Thanks

--
All email scanned by Norton Anti-Virus 2002

whats is the best bitrate

Post by Galle » Wed, 14 May 2003 14:52:12

forth these words of wisdom:

Quote:>whil e looking at my mp3 collection I noticed that alot of their
>respective bitrates were all over the place can someone please explain it to
>me so I can understand it, what is the best bit rate and why, I am really
>getting into this stuff (audiofile) and I want to know what is what & why
>thus I can build my surround sound system and stereo systems for the best
>experience

>Thanks

It all depends on how good of an "ear" you have.  128Kbps is the most common
bitrate.  That is "near CD quality".  Higher bitrates will give you better
quality, but will require more space, so it's trade-off.  Some people prefer a
lossless format such as APE.

--
The Montrel Expos - going out with a bang in 2003!

whats is the best bitrate

Post by Jeff » Wed, 14 May 2003 20:52:42

I, Personally, Get 192k  as much as I can...   I get
direct CD Rips form the net and they are always at 192
and when I donwnlad from Kazaa the 192 ones seem to be the
best..

Just something to think about

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>whil e looking at my mp3 collection I noticed that alot
of their
>respective bitrates were all over the place can someone

please explain it to
Quote:>me so I can understand it, what is the best bit rate and
why, I am really
>getting into this stuff (audiofile) and I want to know
what is what & why
>thus I can build my surround sound system and stereo

systems for the best
Quote:>experience

>Thanks

>--
>All email scanned by Norton Anti-Virus 2002

>.

1. Best Bitrate For PDA Devices....

Hi everyone:

I'm in the process of encoding some audio and video stuff into Windows Media
for on demand wartching or listening, however I'd like to be able to support
PDAs as well as Desktop devices.  What I'm looking for is the MOST COMMON
bnandwidth threshold for a PDA and encode up to the next level or two under
that so that I get the highest quality possible WITHOUT maxing out the end
user's bandwidth.

In other words, I want the end user on the PDA to be able to do things like
surf the web, send and receive email, etc. with as little rebuffering as
possible, yet I don't want to do sacrifice any more audio and/or video than
is ABSOLUTELY neccessary to accomondate PDAs.

My chosen encoder will be Windows Media 9 (you know, the one RealNetworks
says can't deliver support for PDAs - HA!  :-))  I find that Windows Media
does a better job than the PIECE OF CRAP called Helix which Real released a
while back.  :-)

Also, will the .ASX file extension for the text file work for the PDA files
I create just as it does for Desktops and Laptops or will I need to use a
different file extension??

Many thanks in advance for the information.  I look forward to your reply
:-)

Sincerely,

Patrick Cook
Program Director
Proud Member - Electronic Frontier Foundation - http://www.eff.org/
KPDC Internet Radio - http://www.live365.com/stations/10478
KPDC Internet TV - REAL Web TV
MusicRadio 102X - http://www.live365.com/stations/96294
World Slash Radio 24K - http://www.live365.com/stations/218455 (24K Mono
Dialup)
World Slash Radio Broadband - http://www.live365.com/stations/184484
(Broadband)

Denver, Colorado
http://kpdcnetradio.tripod.com/
http://kpdcnettv.tripod.com/
http://musicradio102x.tripod.com/
EarthCam TV Channel 133809 - http://tv.earthcam.com/channel.php?id=133809

2. Languages- farsi and persian

3. 320kb bitrate or 128kb bitrate?

4. Severe TCP/IP problems -- Help!!

5. whats programm are the Best to make?

6. What is INF

7. home page can't be changed

8. WHATS THE BEST ART SOFT

9. Whats the best way to share OE

10. Whats the best way to deploy proxy settings?

11. whats the best hardware and software system for CS...?

12. Whats the best............