unable to fax via xp fax console

Post by Deno » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:42:56

Troubleshooting yields nothing.  The modem is ok, current
drivers, etc.  But when I try to fax from Word or Act, I
only get fax failed messages that the line was "busy",
which in one case I confirmed the fax line was open.

Can anyone help?

unable to fax via xp fax console

Post by Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:27:18

XP Fax still does not work well with several modems. It is probably
interpreting the open line signal incorrectly. Try adding 2 or 3 commas to
the number next time you dial to pause the modem so that it won't get fooled
by that signal.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Quote:> Troubleshooting yields nothing.  The modem is ok, current
> drivers, etc.  But when I try to fax from Word or Act, I
> only get fax failed messages that the line was "busy",
> which in one case I confirmed the fax line was open.

> Can anyone help?

unable to fax via xp fax console

Post by Mico » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 18:50:08

Quote:>I have the same problem, and it is really p   ing me off.

Any news re a solution?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Troubleshooting yields nothing.  The modem is ok,
current
>drivers, etc.  But when I try to fax from Word or Act, I
>only get fax failed messages that the line was "busy",
>which in one case I confirmed the fax line was open.

>Can anyone help?
>.

unable to fax via xp fax console

Post by Sondra Slo » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 05:16:47

I cannot send a fax thru the fax console on windows xp.  I have
revceived a fax but cant send one.  It starts the dialing, the stops
and states the line is busy.  Anyone have any ideas on what the
problem is?

1. user is unable to remove fax in MS Fax Console

Hi,

If a user tries to remove a fax in his fax console then he
sees that the Delete button is grey out. The administrator
is allowed to delete the fax. Even after moving the
archive path the user is not allowed to deleted. In
explorer he can delete the faxes.

environoment info:
We are runnig windows XP pro localy. The users have power
user rights. SP1 is installed.

Suggestion??

regards,

Harold Buter
CSC System engineer

2. Newbie RAS Script Question

3. Fax Console, Unable to attach a fax

4. Random BSODs?

5. Fax Console - can't send fax to remote fax

6. xp fax recieveing error

7. receiving faxes with windows xp fax console

8. BVRP Phone Tools

9. XP Fax Console with Conexant SoftK56 Data,Fax PCI Modem

10. How do I WATCH THE FAX as its going in XP's Fax Console?

11. XP Fax console - why receiving all faxes in landscape????

12. XP Fax console - receiving all faxes in landscape????

13. using xp built in fax program to fax via a lan?