one user's screen resolution changes effect all?

one user's screen resolution changes effect all?

Post by scum » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 15:37:39

When i change one users screen resolution, it changes it for all users. This
is particularly annoying since it causes the other user's icons to be
rearranged.

any fix for this?

one user's screen resolution changes effect all?

Post by Spark » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:02:36

Nope, resolution is a system-wide setting. You could use an applet to do it
though, something like Quickres.

Quote:> When i change one users screen resolution, it changes it for all users.
This
> is particularly annoying since it causes the other user's icons to be
> rearranged.

> any fix for this?

one user's screen resolution changes effect all?

Post by scum » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 16:07:47

Hmmm if resolution is a system-wide setting, this is a change from ME ..
because I was able to have different screen resolutions for each "login" ..
oh well.

> Nope, resolution is a system-wide setting. You could use an applet to do
it
> though, something like Quickres.

> > When i change one users screen resolution, it changes it for all users.
> This
> > is particularly annoying since it causes the other user's icons to be
> > rearranged.

> > any fix for this?

one user's screen resolution changes effect all?

Post by MORGiO » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:10:24

This problem annoyed me greatly, as I like a very hi res screen, and my
mother likes lower res ones so she can read them.

--

Morgax Rustlord

Quote:> When i change one users screen resolution, it changes it for all users.
This
> is particularly annoying since it causes the other user's icons to be
> rearranged.

> any fix for this?

one user's screen resolution changes effect all?

Post by Ron Mendoz » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 01:27:00

Screen resolution is a system-wide setting, which does differ from the
Windows 9x products.  A workaround others have used is the MultiRes
utility available at http://www.entechtaiwan.com.

>Hmmm if resolution is a system-wide setting, this is a change from ME ..
>because I was able to have different screen resolutions for each "login" ..
>oh well.

>> Nope, resolution is a system-wide setting. You could use an applet to do
>it
>> though, something like Quickres.

>> > When i change one users screen resolution, it changes it for all users.
>> This
>> > is particularly annoying since it causes the other user's icons to be
>> > rearranged.

>> > any fix for this?

Ron Mendoza
Associate Expert
Expert Zone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

one user's screen resolution changes effect all?

Post by Struddi » Tue, 30 Oct 2001 01:32:51

see the settings for text and icon size under display properties > settings
Quote:> advanced

--
Struddie
www.magic-pie.co.uk

> This problem annoyed me greatly, as I like a very hi res screen, and my
> mother likes lower res ones so she can read them.

> --

> Morgax Rustlord

> > When i change one users screen resolution, it changes it for all users.
> This
> > is particularly annoying since it causes the other user's icons to be
> > rearranged.

> > any fix for this?

one user's screen resolution changes effect all?

Post by Sam Morri » Thu, 01 Nov 2001 09:42:55

Your mother would probably find it much easier to read the screen if you set
the resolution to the high setting that you prefer, and then alter her
appearance settings (Display control panel) to one of the Large or
Extra-large varieties. That way, writing/widgets/etc appear larger, but are
drawn with more pixels, making the whole thing much more pleasing on the
eye.

--
/* Sam Morris */

Post by Stephane Barizie » Fri, 07 Dec 2001 05:50:46

Quote:> When i change one users screen resolution, it changes it for all users.
This
> is particularly annoying since it causes the other user's icons to be
> rearranged.

> any fix for this?

Not with out-of-the box tools; I'm writing an applet that will make this
possible. Drop me a note if you're interested, I'm looking for testers ;-)

--

-------------------
Stephane Barizien

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remove 'NOSPAM' to get it right (I hate spammers).
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Changing screen resolution to one user only.

Greetings all,

I use Microsoft XP Profesional Ed. in my home. I share the computer with my
wife. She prefer 800 x 600 resolution with a small font while I always
prefer 1280 x 1024 with large font. The problem is it looks like the screen
resolution setting cannot be differenciate between users.

I am missing something here? What should i do so that i can have different
screen resolution preferences with my wife?

TIA
Willianto

2. Netware socket limitation...

3. Help screen resolution (change screen resolution)

4. XP Pre-installed Graphics Card w/o install CD Question

5. Why is changing default e-mail in one user effecting the settings of another?

6. realproducer commandline question

7. Program for Changing Screen Resolution without User Intervention

8. I'm curious about...

9. Screen resolution changes for ALL users

10. Screen resolution change applied to all users?

11. Change screen resolution while switching user

12. Cool way to restrict users from changing screen resolution?

13. Allow a user to change the screen resolution under 3.51 without admin priv.