Hacking Explorer.EXE

Post by Nick Mercardant » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 23:47:44

I just did a complete reinstall, and I have always changed the "start" name
in the start menu by hacking the explorer.exe file. I unhid windows
protected files to allow me to access to system32\DLL Cache folder. From
there I have previously deleted explorer.exe, modifed
stsem32\Restore\filelist.xml....... The problem is I do not see explorer.exe
in the DLL Cache folder. Any ideas as to what I can do (I am logged on as
administrator)
Thanks
Nick

Hacking Explorer.EXE

Post by VBnet4App » Mon, 26 Aug 2002 00:04:36

Quote:> I just did a complete reinstall, and I have always changed the "start"
name
> in the start menu by hacking the explorer.exe file. I unhid windows
> protected files to allow me to access to system32\DLL Cache folder. From
> there I have previously deleted explorer.exe, modifed
> stsem32\Restore\filelist.xml....... The problem is I do not see
explorer.exe
> in the DLL Cache folder. Any ideas as to what I can do (I am logged on as
> administrator)
> Thanks
> Nick

Do you have your folder view settings to show hidden files?
--
XP Freeware
http://www.avenuezx.com/zxsoft/

Hacking Explorer.EXE

Post by Earl F. Parris » Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:08:09

> I just did a complete reinstall, and I have always changed the "start" name
> in the start menu by hacking the explorer.exe file. I unhid windows
> protected files to allow me to access to system32\DLL Cache folder. From
> there I have previously deleted explorer.exe, modifed
> stsem32\Restore\filelist.xml....... The problem is I do not see explorer.exe
> in the DLL Cache folder. Any ideas as to what I can do (I am logged on as
> administrator)
> Thanks
> Nick

It only goes in the folder if it has been changed or deleted from its original location.

--
Earl F. Parrish