GeForce 2 MX / AGP / Direct 3d probs

Post by Enric » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:23:42

Hey Ross,

I have a similar problem with a GeForce4 MX440

There is an option under System Properties > Advanced >
Startup & Recovery    which tells Windows to restart on a
System Failure.

I Disabled this feature and now I get a blue screen with
an error message "Page Fault in Non-Paged Area".

Try this and let me know if we're in the same boat :-)

Does anyone out there have any idea what this could mean ?

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Help me please!!!
>I am running Win XP Pro with SP1 after a clean install.
>have the latest Detanator drivers from NVidia and every
>time I try and play and graphically intensive games the
pc
>either restarts or drops back to windows. I initiall
>thought it was because the games were too graphically
>intensive, but have since discovered that it appears to
be
>only Direct3D games that are having the problem. I can
run
>Quake 3 and Jedi Knight 2 fine, but if I go to run FIFA,
>Unreal Tournament 2003 or Battle Field 1942 I get past
the
>menu screens but once the game starts, it either drops
>back to win or restarts. It does not even seem to be for
>set amount of time before the restart happens, sometimes
>it can make it a whole minute before crashing!!! I have
>also tryed updating motherboard drivers with no joy.

>Any advice would be greatly aprieciated.

>Thanks.
>.

GeForce 2 MX / AGP / Direct 3d probs

Post by Ross MacLea » Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:00:43

Help me please!!!
I am running Win XP Pro with SP1 after a clean install. I
have the latest Detanator drivers from NVidia and every
time I try and play and graphically intensive games the pc
either restarts or drops back to windows. I initiall
thought it was because the games were too graphically
intensive, but have since discovered that it appears to be
only Direct3D games that are having the problem. I can run
Quake 3 and Jedi Knight 2 fine, but if I go to run FIFA,
Unreal Tournament 2003 or Battle Field 1942 I get past the
menu screens but once the game starts, it either drops
back to win or restarts. It does not even seem to be for a
set amount of time before the restart happens, sometimes
it can make it a whole minute before crashing!!! I have
also tryed updating motherboard drivers with no joy.

Any advice would be greatly aprieciated.

Thanks.

1. How to enable direct draw/direct 3d on rage IIC agp graphics cards

hi again my bro has anotha problem for some reason his rage IIC AGP Enhanced
graphics card has direct draw and direct 3d disabled. it was enabled b4 and
now it says its not but it can be enabled but it doesnt work. should i just
uninstall direct x then re-install or wat?

2. ctrl+a and ctrl+z

3. AGP Geforce 2Ti cannot create 3d device

4. Multimedia Audio Controller\Unknown Device\Help

5. Problems viewing DVD's - PowerDVD 5.0 and Nvidia Geforce 2 MX/MX 4400 card

6. Buffering time

7. Have Geforce 2 MX/MX 400 W/ TV OUT How Turn off VSYNC

8. cd rom drivers

9. Geforce 2 mx/mx 400- tv out

10. Crashing - GeForce 2 MX/MX 400, Yamaha DS1 Native sound card

11. GeForce 2 MX/MX 400

12. Geforce 2 mx/mx 400

13. GeForce 4 MX 400 versus GeForce 4 Ti 4200