Recover Win XP boot manager after reformat?

Recover Win XP boot manager after reformat?

Post by Elias Flore » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 21:33:16

Hi, I recently install Windows XP Pro on a second partition of my 2nd HD.
BTW I love Win XP! But then I decided I need a bigger partition for XP and
instead of buying a copy of Partition Magic 7 I chose to backup all my
partitions to cd's using Norton Ghost 2002 ( SystemWorks 2002). I took
special care of backing up the boot.ini file that the XP installed on my
main partition(C:\ Win 98) and I copied and pasted  it once the partitions
were reformatted using FDISK.

BUT, ah there is always a big but, for some reason I seen to have lost the
boot manager and now I can not boot into Windows XP.

Do I have to reinstall XP in order to get back by boot manager? Is there any
way around it?

Any help would be appreciated! As always, this are the fascinating times in
which you have to tell to yourself that,( for all of us), learning is an
unfinished business. So be it!

Recover Win XP boot manager after reformat?

Post by Pugwas » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:05:58

Usually booting from the CD and choosing a repair option will reinstall the
boot manager.

Quote:> Hi, I recently install Windows XP Pro on a second partition of my 2nd HD.