Sharing internet connection with incoming fax

Sharing internet connection with incoming fax

Post by Inars Salin » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:09:26

I'm running Windows XP HE. Is it posible to receive an
incoming fax (set on Auto) whilst browsing the net. I am
using one phone line and like to keep the connection
active to be able to receive e-mails.

Sharing internet connection with incoming fax

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:41:13

With just one phone line, no.  You can do this by getting Internet service
through DSL, Cable, or the like freeing the phone line and modem for faxing.
You can subscribe to an on-line fax service that will email your faxes to
you while you're online, but a single line and modem can only be connected
to the Internet or disconnected and waiting for an incoming fax.

Hal

KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   NBC-IN

Quote:> I'm running Windows XP HE. Is it posible to receive an
> incoming fax (set on Auto) whilst browsing the net. I am
> using one phone line and like to keep the connection
> active to be able to receive e-mails.

1. internet connection sharing on incoming connection ??

i have setup a incomming connection in windows xp using
hi all
my 56k modem to recieve the connection i also have a lan and a adsl internet
connection on the main pc, i am able to dial into and connect to my pc from
another pc, but i am unable to access the internet, i have internet
conection sharing enabled, and the computers on the lan access the internet
fine but the one that dial's in cant

Any idea's??

chris

2. MSN Music Radio

3. How to let Microsoft Fax and incoming connections share the modem?

4. Xterminals versus PC-with-eXcursion

5. Incoming connection and fax sharing don't work

6. How can I compile ssping.c in VC++?

7. How to let Microsoft Fax and incoming connections share the modem?

8. Cannot Merge from Word 2000

9. Internet Connection Firewall (Internet Connection Sharing version) blocks Remote Desktop Web connection

10. share internet w/incoming connection

11. share internet w/ incoming connection

12. XP Dial-Up Incoming Connections - Shared Internet on DSL

13. Internet Connection Sharing doesn't work when VPN is used on the shared connection