Connection reset by Peer

Post by C. Coo » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 04:19:43

Recently updated to XP Pro and all seems to be going well
except whenI need to download patches from hardware and
software manufactures. Maybe other stuff as well but I
haven't tried yet.

Generally, every time I try to get a patch, like from
Epson for my printer or from Nero or others the following
happens.

I get the usual open or save as window. I choose save as
(or Open, I've tried both ways) and the download will
start.  However, it generally doesn't continue, the
progress meter stops immediately and no more data is
received.  About 5-10 minutes after I get the following...

"Internet Explorer cannot download 'insert file name' from
ftp.any.example (or download.soundblaster.com or others)
The connection with the server was reset"

Or, with Netscape I get "A network error occured while
Netscape was receiving data.  (Network Error: Connection
reset by peer)

I don't think it's my browser(s) because both do the same
thing and I never had a problem before the XP upgrade.
Called my ISP and my connection is fine.

I'm running XP Pro with a cable modem set-up.  Any help
would begreatly appreciated.  Note, that all Webpages load
fine and email is perfect.

Connection reset by Peer

Post by Sharad Prasa » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 07:56:11

I have the same problem.. any help would be greatly appreciated

Quote:> Recently updated to XP Pro and all seems to be going well
> except whenI need to download patches from hardware and
> software manufactures. Maybe other stuff as well but I
> haven't tried yet.

> Generally, every time I try to get a patch, like from
> Epson for my printer or from Nero or others the following
> happens.

> I get the usual open or save as window. I choose save as
> (or Open, I've tried both ways) and the download will
> start.  However, it generally doesn't continue, the
> progress meter stops immediately and no more data is
> received.  About 5-10 minutes after I get the following...

> "Internet Explorer cannot download 'insert file name' from
> ftp.any.example (or download.soundblaster.com or others)
> The connection with the server was reset"

> Or, with Netscape I get "A network error occured while
> Netscape was receiving data.  (Network Error: Connection
> reset by peer)

> I don't think it's my browser(s) because both do the same
> thing and I never had a problem before the XP upgrade.
> Called my ISP and my connection is fine.

> I'm running XP Pro with a cable modem set-up.  Any help
> would begreatly appreciated.  Note, that all Webpages load
> fine and email is perfect.

1. "Connection Reset by Peer" Problem Using WFW Stack under OnNet 2.1

We are running the WFW 3.11b stack under FTP Software's OnNet 2.1
package to communicate with various UNIX servers.  On a couple of
our PCs, we get "Connection Reset by Peer" messages occasionally;
there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this, except that
it seems to occur during heavy traffic periods when the users in
question have Telnet sessions open to a SCO Unix 3.4.2 host.

After the occurence, all IP connectivity (but not Netware) is
lost until WFW is restarted.

We have tried various things with packet lengths from the SCO
box, but it doesn't make any difference.

If anyone can assist, please mail me direct.

Thanks ..

--
  ,-._|\   Graham Jenkins                Tel: (613) 9868-2664

 \_,--.x/

2. Thanks

3. Help: CONNECTION RESET BY PEER-ERROR (only with CGI-Scripts)

4. Can't see backgrounds on mail

5. FTP:'Connection reset by peer' message.

6. Updating of Windows

7. Error: Connection reset py peer

8. SpiralSynth

9. connection reset by peer

10. HELP: CGI script produces Connection reset by peer

11. Netscape:Connection reset by peer message

12. Connection reset by Peer

13. peer to peer connection using internet connection sharing