ERROR ERROR ERROR

Post by Christin » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:15:01

I am exasperated with Windows XP.  Ever since I purchased
this computer with this OS on it I have crashes and
errors...and am constantly waiting for the "error report"
to complete so I can get back to work.  What is wrong
with this system.  There must be a way.  I have
downloaded all the fixes and upgrades and updates.  Still
I have errors and there is no particular
pattern...anytime...anywhere.  Thanks.

ERROR ERROR ERROR

Post by Jupiter Jone » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:26:31

Christine;
If you hare having problems regularly like that, contact the seller,
you may have a hardware problem and that is what the warranty is for.
You could reinstall the system using the method provided by the
manufacturer.
This would rule out software issues.

--
Jupiter Jones
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:

Quote:> I am exasperated with Windows XP.  Ever since I purchased
> this computer with this OS on it I have crashes and
> errors...and am constantly waiting for the "error report"
> to complete so I can get back to work.  What is wrong
> with this system.  There must be a way.  I have
> downloaded all the fixes and upgrades and updates.  Still
> I have errors and there is no particular
> pattern...anytime...anywhere.  Thanks.

ERROR ERROR ERROR

Post by Brando » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:30:42

If you want, you can shut off error reporting which is just a waste of time I think, by right clicking on My Computer and clicking
Properties. Then click on advanced and at the bottom there is a button labeled error reporting.

This is just a tip, I don't know WHY you are having errors and shutting off error reporting just makes it so it doesn't report to
Microsoft every time but you will still have them. Sorry that I can't help you there.

--
Brandon

Post by Ron Martel » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 15:18:50

>If you want, you can shut off error reporting which is just a waste of time I think, by right clicking on My Computer and clicking
>Properties. Then click on advanced and at the bottom there is a button labeled error reporting.

>This is just a tip, I don't know WHY you are having errors and shutting off error reporting just makes it so it doesn't report to
>Microsoft every time but you will still have them. Sorry that I can't help you there.

Reporting errors to Microsoft is not a waste of time.

It is true that you will only receive a response if their is known
solution or workaround to the exact error that you are reporting; or if
that specific error is currently under active investigation and Microsoft
needs some additional information, such as a memory dump file, from you.

And even if you do not receive a response it is still worthwhile
submitting the error reports because these reports are recorded and
tallied so that the problem solving groups can be directed to those
specific problems which are the most severe and/or which are affecting the
largest number of people.

So not submitting the error reports not only precludes the possibility of
you getting the cure for it if there is one it also reduces the chances
that your error will get looked into, because it is the errors with the
most votes that get the most attention.

Hope this explains the situation.

Good luck

Ron Martell     Duncan B.C.    Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

ERROR ERROR ERROR

Post by JB » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:17:25

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am exasperated with Windows XP.  Ever since I purchased
>this computer with this OS on it I have crashes and
>errors...and am constantly waiting for the "error report"
>to complete so I can get back to work.  What is wrong
>with this system.  There must be a way.  I have
>downloaded all the fixes and upgrades and updates.  Still
>I have errors and there is no particular
>pattern...anytime...anywhere.  Thanks.
>.
>Enter your system properties by right clicking "My

Computer" and properties, then click the advanced tab,
then select Performance settings button, on the visual
effects tab, select "adjust for best performance" which
turns off most fancy display effects. And open control
panel, click display, and reduce the color quality and the
appearance items.Then run your disk cleanup tool and disk
defragmenter tool, in accessories/system tools a couple
times each month.  If your disk clean up sticks
on "compress old files", I also have a solution for that
as well. Go to this web site; http://www.kellys-korner-
xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and select line #48 for this fix. Go
to www.pcpitstop.com for a system diagnostics check. Try
updating your video/display device driver in the device
manager after downloading the latest version from your
video card maker's web site, or your PC maker's site too.
Check for any BIOS update too.
Buy and install a good system utility program such as
Norton's Utilities or Ontrack FixIt Utilities, or System
Mechanic. These will also clean out the system registry of
most invalid entries. Mayby try the "msconfig.exe" tool to
check the number of apps starting at boot up too. Also be
sure there is enough fully running cooling fans in your PC
case, and it's not over heating. Update your device
drivers, and scan for viruses. With a utility program, run
a system diagnostic test, mostly for the hard drive and
RAM memory. Frequent errors can be caused by either over
heating and/or a bad failing RAM memory module. And if
your PC has less than 256 MB of RAM, upgrade your memory
as soon as possible, as some newer XP systems come with
512 MB of memory.

1. Error Error Error OLEXP Loves Errors

This application just cannot get by without throwing an error.  It is the most error prone application Microsoft makes.  OLEXP 6.0 with only Hotmail as mail server.

Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.
Respond to a Hotmail message.  Send.  Error.  Send\Receive.  OK.

add infininauseum

--
George Hester
__________________________________

2. CDRW freezing....Hardware?

3. error error error

4. Thandor Won't Load in XP

5. help...error error error

6. Server Response: 'Service Unavailable'

7. Errors, Errors, Errors At WineX 3

8. FTP: Netscape Multiple Provider Maintenance

9. Two error messages runtime error and ole32.dll error

10. Error: Explorer has caused an error in GDI.exe + a few fault errors

11. Error: Net_sendpacket ERROR:NO ERROR

12. runtime errors/syntax errors/object expected errors

13. Errors,errors, and yet more errors