problem with lite-on ltr-24102B.cd writer .not reading cdrw and blank cds..

problem with lite-on ltr-24102B.cd writer .not reading cdrw and blank cds..

Post by davi » Wed, 26 Dec 2001 18:31:09

for some reason. after installing some camera software
(which is now uninstalled) i have been unable to read
cdrws and blank cds of any kind on my writer(so i cant
burn because of that)..it just tries to read them and
after a few seconds,ejects them..it only reads cdrs and
regular cds now..it is named as a recorder and all...so i
dont know whats up..i thought it may have been roxio easy
cd so i did the uninstall and install and update and all
but still cant read those cds on my writer..anyone have
any suggestions?ive checked my registry so everything
seems right there as well..

1. Problems with Lite-on LTR-52327S CD-R/CD-RW drive - Will not "burn"

Hi,

I recently bought a Lite-on LTR-52327S CD-R/CD-RW drive and was happy with
its performance until I recently developed problems.  The drive now does not
complete the "burn" sequence.

Using Nero, it goes through all the successful motions as if it was burning,
when the process is complete and the drive is verifying the data I get the
following error messages;

         "Cannot mount the written CD", and

         "Data verification failed".

In the end I am left with a blank disc.  This happens for a number of
different types of CD-R and CD-RW discs and the same thing happens if I use
InCD, WinXP writer and Burn4Free burn software.  I've tried removing the
hardware and software and reinstalling and the same thing happens.

I am running WinXP, firmware version QS09 and the text file output does say
drive which is the "Slave" (the CDR as "Master").

I don't know what I have installed or changed to make the drive not "burn".
Is the CDR drive now faulty? Its only 3mths old so i could return it, but i
want to make sure its not a software/hardware conflict etc.

Any assistance would be great. Thanx

Troy

2. ?Which Netscape uses less resources?

3. Firmware drivers with LITE-ON LTR-16102B CD-RW CD-Rom

4. Cookies

5. Lite-On LTR-32123S CD not working

6. screen doesn't pick up what I write always

7. Lite-on CD-RW Drive not reading CD correctly?

8. Remote Desktop Connection Question!

9. cd writer does not recognize blank cd

10. dvd & cdrw will not read blank cd's

11. SOHW-1673S Lite-On DVD/CD combo writer-recorder speed issue

12. lite-on cd writer

13. cd rom&cd writer will no read cds