Windows Update Hangs at "Pick Updates to Install.... 25%"

Windows Update Hangs at "Pick Updates to Install.... 25%"

Post by Chris Ewin » Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:27:37

Every time I go to windows update the Pick updates to
install hangs at 25%. I haven't been able to do an update
for a while now. I did try the previous suggestion and it
didn't do anything either...

Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk
Cleanup and make sure to delete your
temporary internet files.  Then visit the Windows Update
site again

Excellent Windows Update troubleshooting suggestions:
us;Q319585

1. "safe mode","sound/video card","installing hardware"...pick one!

xp thinks that I do not hve a sound or video card......It
took me a full month to install my hardware...over and
over again before everything worked...with last install of
hp scanjet 5470c when I restarted pc, I was in safe mode.
Worked with microsoft online tech and finally his
recomendation was to reformat. Then one day it just booted
up in normal mode!....no explanation...but all of my
installs where gone. Reinstalled everything and last night
when I removed a cable that was attatched to nothing, it
put me back into safe mode.and guess what? Half of the
hardware is gone again. Anyone hve the courage to try to
help me out of safe mode again. System restore does
nothing.

2. Win hangs after DOS 6.22 upgrade

3. Windows Update "scan for updates" hangs/freezes

4. cursor blinking

5. Windows Update wants to keep re-installing "Windows XP Application Compatibility Update" everytime

6. I want to run a batch file after MS Proxy's dial-on demand connects.

7. Windows Update "No Updates Were Installed"

8. Windows XP Pro locks up

9. 25 second Pause between "Connecting To Media..." and "Buffering..."

10. REPOST: 25 second Pause between "Connecting To Media..." and "Buffering..."

11. 25 second Pause between "Connecting To Media..." and "Buffering..."

12. REPOST: 25 second Pause between "Connecting To Media..." and "Buffering..."

13. "Windows XP Update Package, October 25, 2001" Fails