"Desktop" tab in Display Properties has disappeared........

"Desktop" tab in Display Properties has disappeared........

Post by Kraker » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:47:28

Dell Dimension 8200 with XP Home Edition
Has worked fine for over 9 months.
One user.  Use automatic login.
Have lots of space and memory.
I update and scan with Norton weekly.
Temp and Internet Files are kept cleaned out.

Problem 1:
Two weeks ago, after a reboot, my regular wallpaper was gone
and replaced with the bliss.bmp wallpaper.  When I checked the
Display Properties, the "desktop" tab was no longer there.
The other tabs worked fine. (Themes, Screensaver, Appearance,
Settings.....though the "Wait__min." is greyed out under Screensaver)
I looked in the c:\windows\web\wallpaper folder.  The images
are there, but all are now jpg's except for the bliss.bmp.
In C:\WINDOWS they show as bmp's.

I tried System Restore.  Results said "Restore incomplete.
No settings were changed".
Tried the sfc /scannow with no results.

Problem 2:
In windows under Tools...Folder Options...General Tab.
"Show Common Tasks In Folders" and the "single Click" options
are grayed out.  If I click on "Restore Defaults" windows will
select the grayed out "Show Common...." but when I apply and ok,
it changes back to "Use Windows classic folders".
(In Display Properties I have the Windows XP theme chosen)

I'd appreciate any help you can give me or links to info.
Thanks,
Kraker2

1. Display properties disappear on "Desktop"

Hi,

I want to change the desktop wallpaper.  I right click on the desktop, and
go to Properties, so the Desktop Properties dialog shows up. I click on the
Desktop tag, to change the wallpaper, and the dialog box closes itself!! I
want to change my wallpaper from stretch to tile, but I can't do it!!

Thanks,
Pedro B. Morales

2. copying music to CD

3. Missing tab for "desktop" in display proprties tab

4. Win2K Help Needed Please

5. "Disabled" Taskbar options and no "Dekstop" tab in display settings

6. Blank Pages on certain sites

7. "My Pictures" showing up in "Display Properties"

8. Emergency boot disk?

9. Missing "Desktop" tab in Display control panel

10. Desktop tab disappeared from Display Properties.

11. properties - > display properties -> plus -> lost "recycle bin" icon

12. "ActiveX" and "plug-ins" message

13. Problems in Netscape Plug-Ins "Cool Talk" and "Live 3D"