"Disabled" Taskbar options and no "Dekstop" tab in display settings

"Disabled" Taskbar options and no "Dekstop" tab in display settings

Post by corqsp » Tue, 20 Nov 2001 01:47:55

I *suspect* this had something to do with loading XP PLus!, but am unsure --

when I logon in under my regular username, my settings are such that I
cannot "enable" my "address" taskbar...I also cannot get a "desktop" tab
(allowing me to change wallpaper, etc) in the display settings in either
control panel NOR right clicking desktop -- I also noticed that the TweakUI
for XP no longer has a "Repair Registry" option, can anyone advise if these
are related issues? I have been tweaking with the look of xp alot, but also
a great deal of other work on the computer and can't quite remember how the
hell or when I goofed this up.

The only clue I have is that if I create a new user name - everything is
enabled again, but of course I don't have access to my accumulated
documents, favorites, etc...or else I'd just migrate all my vital stuff to
my new profile.

I've attempted google searches for the answers but my search terms don't
seem specific enough --

Any help on *any* part of this question either here or to

much!

1. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

We need to lock a CROM(s) in a NT Workstation. One idea suggested that
we find a jumper on the back of this SCSI CDROM and tie it in with the
keyboard lock switch. HOWEVER the CDROM(s) we are using do not have
such a jumper.

Anyone out there willing a write a driver to lock CDROM(s) or know
where to find such a utility ?

2. Error upon start up

3. "account" option under "tools" menu tab missing

4. WindowsXP

5. I am missing an "Advanced Tab" in the "Internet Options"

6. kicked off Word - Works 2002

7. Scrollbar disabled in "Now Playing" 's "Tag Info" tab.

8. Windows XP security test

9. Can't open "Tools", "Internet Options" due to security setting

10. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

11. Cannot open "Tools,Internet Options" ("option cancelled")

12. "ActiveX" and "plug-ins" message

13. Problems in Netscape Plug-Ins "Cool Talk" and "Live 3D"