OT-basic questions about 802.11b and 802.11g

OT-basic questions about 802.11b and 802.11g

Post by ming » Wed, 14 May 2003 03:49:54

You need to hook a computer to the router to configure it, but once it
has been configured, does it still need to be hooked up to a computer?
can you just hook the DSL modem directly to the router?

Is there any advantage to setting up a 802.11G network over a 802.11b
network at home with my DSL?

Post by DE » Wed, 14 May 2003 13:29:45

> You need to hook a computer to the router to configure it, but once it
> has been configured, does it still need to be hooked up to a computer?
> can you just hook the DSL modem directly to the router?

> Is there any advantage to setting up a 802.11G network over a 802.11b
> network at home with my DSL?

You hook the computer up to the router to program it, because most today
are designed to be programmed via web browser.  So the computer is not
needed once it is properly configured.

Re. question #2, security?

-- DE

1. Another 802.11b Question

Cheers All,

I've just setup a Linksys WAP11 for my Motion 1200.  As it is, I have my
Ethernet 10/100 plugged into the docking station.  Will there be a conflict if
both local area connection and the wireless network connection active at the
same time or do I *need* to disable the wireless connection when I have the
10/100 plugged in?

Thanks in advance for any guidance or roadside assistance rendered along the
way....  :-)

-- howard

2. CuteFTP... version 2.8

3. Questions about 802.11b WEP keys and wireless NIC cards

4. rebuild harddisk

5. U.S. Robotics 100Mbit 802.11g PCMCIA Card +Problem

6. explorer hangs on win95 shut down

7. Linksys 802.11g Wireless G-Adapter

8. Disabling ALT-TAB ability

9. Netgear 802.11g Wireless Notebook Card

10. 802.11g

11. 3Com AirConnect Wireless 802.11b pcmica network card

12. 3Com AirConnect/Intel/Spectrum 24 802.11b

13. Does anyone have a working Agere/Orinoco/Lucent 802.11b LAN working?