Importing Outlook98 into Outlook Express 6

Importing Outlook98 into Outlook Express 6

Post by George Ear » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 09:47:14

I just upgraded (clean install) from Win98 to WinXP Pro. Before
upgrading I backed up my Outlook 98 .pst file and saved it. When I
tried to import the messages in this file into Outlook Express 6 I got
an error message saying "Messages cannot be imported from MAPI
client." How can I get the messages from my .pst file into Outlook
Express? If this is not possible, can Eudora handle it? Thanks!

George

Importing Outlook98 into Outlook Express 6

Post by Care » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:05:07

OLEXP: How to Import MMF File into Outlook Express (Q176267)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q176267

OUTLOOKT BACKUP TUTORIAL
http://www.sitedeveloper.ws/tutorials/outlook.htm

Also visit:  http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE/index.htm

--
Carey Frisch (USA)

Importing Outlook98 into Outlook Express 6

Post by George Ear » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:27:47

I have discovered elsewhere that in order to import an Outlook .pst
file into Outlook Express I must also have Outlook installed on the
PC. I started to install my old Outlook98 in WinXP Pro just so I could
do the import but WinXP complained. Will I damage my WinXP install if
I go ahead and temporarily install Outlook98? Will Outlook 98 even
work in Win XP? Thanks!

George

>I just upgraded (clean install) from Win98 to WinXP Pro. Before
>upgrading I backed up my Outlook 98 .pst file and saved it. When I
>tried to import the messages in this file into Outlook Express 6 I got
>an error message saying "Messages cannot be imported from MAPI
>client." How can I get the messages from my .pst file into Outlook
>Express? If this is not possible, can Eudora handle it? Thanks!

>George

Importing Outlook98 into Outlook Express 6

Post by Care » Tue, 16 Jul 2002 10:37:12

Outlook 98 should be OK with XP....make sure and install it in its own folder.

--
Carey Frisch (USA)