What files do I need to back up for the registry and key system files?

What files do I need to back up for the registry and key system files?

Post by Nichola » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:16:06

HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322756

What files do I need to back up for the registry and key system files?

Post by Loui » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:13:45

Win XP

What files do I need to back up to back up my registry on Win XP.  Also any
key system files I should back up.

How do I restore the backup to the computer?

Thanks in advance

Lou.

What files do I need to back up for the registry and key system files?

Post by Loui » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:59:15

Nicholas,

boy that was dumb.  I am in the knowledge base all the time.  You would have
thought I would have looked there first.  Oh well.  I must be tired.
Thanks for the info.

HOW TO: Back Up, Edit, and Restore the Registry in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q322756

What files do I need to back up for the registry and key system files?

Post by mike » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 12:07:52

crating a restore point will do just that.

  Win XP

  What files do I need to back up to back up my registry on Win XP.  Also any
  key system files I should back up.

  How do I restore the backup to the computer?

  Thanks in advance

  Lou.

  ---

1. Do need to back up registry files"

Hello I'm using NT 3.51 and am new to doing back ups.  I was planning
to basically copy my whole primary partition, including winnt35
directory and all hidden system files to an external disk drive.

Two questions.  I read somewhere you also have to back up registry
files.  Is this true and will they be copied along with the other
files on my primary partition.

Second, if I do a straight copy will NT prevent me  from copying
certain files.  Are any of these files essential if you need to
restore your system after a fatal crash or reinstall.

2. Copying User Settings to New User Account

3. Programming information to read ntuser.dat files, config, system, other registry files

4. Full-System Backup

5. Need to broadcast several files back to back

6. Req: info on Spigot Power AV for Mac

7. NEED HELP BACKING UP FILES ON XP, SO I CAN DO SYSTEM RESTORE

8. ZIP drives--info, anybody?

9. Need Information about cleaning Windows NT system registry files

10. file back-ups

11. registry back ups?

12. Dos system/win95 system file sharing

13. Registry Files - Turn Off Keys