Folder views not being 'remembered'

Post by nos.. » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 11:08:03

I have created a folder on my desktop (with a link in the Quicklaunch
tray) which contains shortcuts to a number of related applications. I
have set all my other folders to 'detail' view but this folder is set
to 'icon' view. I have also ticked 'remember each folder's settings'
in the Advanced menu.

The strange thing is that when I set this folder's to 'icon' view it
seems to reset to 'detail' view almost randomly. I can close it
completely and it comes back as I want it, in 'icon view', but if I
leave it closed for a period of time (variable) it reverts to 'detail
view'. It almost seems it has a mind of its own!

Anyone else having this problem?

Folder views not being 'remembered'

Post by Moon » Sun, 18 Nov 2001 18:36:52

yes a well documented xp problem, have to say that after a few weeks of
getting irritated by this my xp has now settled down and is remembering view
settings!!

--
Moon

Quote:> I have created a folder on my desktop (with a link in the Quicklaunch