slow bootup

Post by Prakas » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 21:13:31

Try this!

Windows XP collects information about how you use your
appliactions, then rearranges your disk every 3 days to
make it more efficient. You can force it to optimise
straight away by running Bootvis, running the command line
Disk Defragmenter (Start, Run, DEFRAG C: -B) or by
choosing Start, Run and typing RUNDLL32.EXE ADVAPI32.DLL,
PROCESSIDLETASKS to optimise without doing an analysis or
defrag.

Prakash.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>My bootup has slowed down considerably.  I tried using
>Bootvis which worked last time.  It does not change much
>now.  Any suggestions?
>.

1. CDROM Undetectable / Slow Bootup

I am running a Panasonic 52x CDROM and a Yamaha 16X10X40 CDROM Burner. XP
will not reconized either of them. I have tried loading each one seperately
without the other installed and still no success. Can anyone help?
Also, what's up with the slow bootups. I am using XP Pro. AMD Athlon 800
with 256 MB memory. I have Win98 on one partition and XP on the other.
Again, can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
Please email solutions to me at:

2. POSIX utilites do nothing

3. Slow Bootup

4. Formating my C drive

5. slow bootup

6. Dos boot disk from a CD

7. ******FREE DEMO******

8. Slow bootup

9. VERY SLOW BOOTUP

10. Slow bootup after installing XPSP1

11. Slow Bootup with Norton Firewall/Antivirus

12. Slow Bootup