Hardware Conflict

Post by Marcelo Fria » Fri, 27 Dec 2002 13:11:39

Hello guys,

I need help about a conflict in my PC. I installed the ORiNOCO PC Card Silver in Windows XP but I keep getting a code 12 error with it. The PCMCIA seems ok, but the pc card have that known exclamation point on it. It's strange because I use dual boot (win 98 and win xp pro) and when win98 is enabled there's no conflict, it only affects win xp pro... Does anyone know why this happen? I already installed the Service Pack 1, but it made no difference at all... Any ideas?

Hardware Conflict

Post by Kell » Fri, 27 Dec 2002 18:25:52

Hi Marcelo,

Do some research here:  http://tinyurl.com/3twt

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Hello guys,

I need help about a conflict in my PC. I installed the ORiNOCO PC Card
Silver in Windows XP but I keep getting a code 12 error with it. The PCMCIA
seems ok, but the pc card have that known exclamation point on it. It's
strange because I use dual boot (win 98 and win xp pro) and when win98 is
enabled there's no conflict, it only affects win xp pro... Does anyone know
why this happen? I already installed the Service Pack 1, but it made no
difference at all... Any ideas?

Hardware Conflict

Post by Marcelo Fria » Fri, 27 Dec 2002 22:51:55

Thanks!

  Hi Marcelo,

  Do some research here:  http://tinyurl.com/3twt

  --
  All the Best,
  Kelly

  MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
  Troubleshooting Windows XP
  http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

  Hello guys,

  I need help about a conflict in my PC. I installed the ORiNOCO PC Card
  Silver in Windows XP but I keep getting a code 12 error with it. The PCMCIA
  seems ok, but the pc card have that known exclamation point on it. It's
  strange because I use dual boot (win 98 and win xp pro) and when win98 is
  enabled there's no conflict, it only affects win xp pro... Does anyone know
  why this happen? I already installed the Service Pack 1, but it made no
  difference at all... Any ideas?

Hardware Conflict

Post by Kell » Sat, 28 Dec 2002 20:21:33

You are welcome.

--
[...]

1. Digital sound problem -- is it a hardware conflict?

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate forum for this question,
but I can't find any help elsewhere, so here it is:

I got my son the game 7th Guest for his birthday for our Windows 95
machine. Everything works fine except one thing: It won't acknowledge
that we have a Soundblaster compatible sound card. Using the Microsoft
Sound System setting instead of the Soundblaster compatible setting, we
get music fine, but none of the speech (the digital sound).

We have an Aztech Sound Galaxy Nova 16, and we accordingly use a 16-bit
sound driver. I downloaded the latest version of this driver from the
Aztech site, as Virgin Interactive suggested (they produce the game),
and installed it. Nothing changed. They then suggested it was a problem
with Windows 95 detecting my IRQ settings for my sound card, or
something along those lines.

Here is the exact message I get when I try to select the Soundblaster
Compatible from the 7th Guest installation menu: "The sound hardware you
have selected is not responding at its defaults or the settings you have
specified. You may have a hardware conflict." According to the Windows
95 conflict catcher, I don't have any conflicts. Virgin Interactive has
given me all the advice they can and Aztech is being completely
useless... does anyone have any idea of what I can do next?

The annoying thing is that I can't return the game, even if it never
works!

My son, who is eleven, has been asking for this game for almost a year,
and he's heartbroken that it won't work. So, many thanks in advance for
your advice.

Liz

(Please reply privately if you can, and don't forget to remove the
"nospam" from my email.)

2. CreateFile API with Serial Ports?

3. old hardware conflicts

4. Computer crash

5. Possible Hardware conflict under WinXP

6. Un-Expected Re-Starts

7. The hardware conflict that XP can't see!

8. still colors ans dialogs

9. Hardware conflicts

10. Hardware conflict xp home

11. Hardware conflict before XP install...

12. Audio Hardware Conflict

13. Hardware Conflict??