change dial up

Post by tennill » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:53:18

hello,
I would like to change my dialup connection, to disable
callwaiting when i'm on the internet. How do i change my #
that i call to get a connection? tennille ty

change dial up

Post by L Bec » Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:43:55

START | CONNECT TO | SHOW ALL CONNECTIONS.

You can then right-click the existing connection and select Properties to
change any information necessary.  To disable call waiting, select "Dialing
Rules" on this screen.

Quote:> hello,
> I would like to change my dialup connection, to disable
> callwaiting when i'm on the internet. How do i change my #
> that i call to get a connection? tennille ty

1. XP - Dial-up Connection...keeps dialing and dialing and dialing and dialing

I use "Connect to SBC Yahoo" to connect to the Internet with telephone modem
dial-up.
XP "Dial-up Connection" window keeps popping up every time I attempt to
connect and I have to make a couple clicks to make it not appear..
Today I CHECKED or UNCHECKED some blocks in "Dial-up Connection" and now it
doesn't pop up BUT "Dial-up Connection" STARTS DIALING AUTOMATICALLY THE
MINUTE I TURN MY COMPUTER ON.  IT NEVER IS ABLE TO CONNECT (because I have
to use "connect to SBC yahoo" to connect) BUT DIALS OVER AND OVER AND OVER
AND OVER.  EVEN WHEN I AM TALKING ON THE TELEPHONE IT TRIES AND TRIES TO
DIAL.
I have tried several measures but the problem still exists.  I have the 1245
page book  "Microsoft Windows XP Inside Out" by Ed Bott and Carl Siechert
BUT I CANNOT FIND A SOLUTION.  I cannot find a solution in XP Help and
Support.
Thanks for your assistance.
With much thanks,
Earl Brant

2. (no subject)

3. Pop-ups, Pop-ups, Pop-ups EVERYWHERE .. arghhh

4. Need help!!! Installing IIS with XP pro

5. dvd cd burner not working after security patch for XP pro

6. Changed Spain Dialing Procedures - changes needed in Windows NT4/95/3.1

7. Can't Restore

8. Network Dial-Up Pops up on Start ups and Reboots

9. dial-up pop ups

10. Unwanted dial-ups

11. Copy Dial-Ups

12. Internet sharing with dial-ups?