user can't open outlook from XP

Post by Caro » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 07:07:02

I have setup a mail profile for a user in the network,
however, when she logs into the network and tried to open
the mail, she gets error message "the program is not
registered properly.  please run setup again.  you don't
have appropriate permission to perform this operation."

When i setup a mail profile for myself, i can open it.  We
both have same type of local user accounts.

Does anyone know what causes this? I believe this is a
security issue but not sure what to do

Please HELP.  Thanks

carol

user can't open outlook from XP

Post by Harry Delevant » Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:27:42

Is this XP Home or Pro, and are you on a domain?

--
Please use 'Reply Group' rather than simply 'Reply'.  By keeping the
discussion in the newsgroups rather than private email, we can help other

On-On!
Harry Delevante
Associate Expert
San Antonio, TX
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.asp

Quote:> I have setup a mail profile for a user in the network,
> however, when she logs into the network and tried to open
> the mail, she gets error message "the program is not
> registered properly.  please run setup again.  you don't
> have appropriate permission to perform this operation."

> When i setup a mail profile for myself, i can open it.  We
> both have same type of local user accounts.

> Does anyone know what causes this? I believe this is a
> security issue but not sure what to do

> Please HELP.  Thanks

> carol

1. end user problem opening new window via 'window.open(x, y)' in ie6

Greetings and thanks in advance.....

I have a problem that mysteriously just started with IE6.  Imaging that.  I
am running XP/PRO - SP1 and IE6 - SP1.  Whenever the browser tries to
execute a jscript 'window.open' it fails - by fail I mean the new window
does not get created.  If I turn on debugging I get the now infamous "the
callee is not available" message.  I understand why I get the error; I don't
know how to fix it.  BTW - This is not my code.  These errors are on
production retail sites like yahoo and uhc.  Things I have done to try and
fix this include:

- Uninstalled all google bars/yahoo bars and iwon bars

- Ran antispyware sw and removed all the bs

- Re-registered urlmon

- sfc /scannow

- Cleaned out cached disk files

- Blasted cookies

- Set it to check pages with every load

- Service packed XP, IE and Visual Studio .Net

- I have no popup blockers on or installed

I have Visual Studio .Net installed for c++ and c# development but I am not
real familiar with jscript.  I have debugged the web page in vs.net and can
see the URL in the various webpages trying to be loaded (and failing).  The
URLs are valid but the window created as a result of the window.open seems
to be invalid.  Below is the code from just one site that fails.  I can
reproduce this error at will.  I am willing to debug anything, help in
anyway I can as this has rendered my IE useless and I don't want to
reinstall.

In addition, when I click on certain images on certain web pages new window
fails.  When I right mouse in explorer (yes explorer) the window that is
supposed to be created by selecting search does not get created either.  I'm
sure they are all related.

<script language="Javascript">
 function changeURL(winName, newURL) {
  var new_win = window.open(newURL, winName);
  new_win.focus();
 }

2. Rebuilding a desktop

3. Windows XP 'Limited account' user - accessing Outlook Express & the Internet

4. IE 6 "Ask Before Download"

5. Outlook express wont open for multiple XP users

6. Does anyone have Intel Inbusiness Print Station working under WinXP?

7. Having user accounts in XP open and use Outlook mail

8. Lost "Create Shortcut" Wizard

9. Unable to open Outlook 2002 for Second Win xp user

10. I can't see emails in my user account after another user opens it

11. Help Outlook and Outlook Express Can't find the LAN for an individual user account

12. ie6 won't open up in one user with WIN XP

13. win XP users can't open AOL