Carey Frisch (USA)
1. CD RW is there, but not accessable
I have re installed xp home 3 times to get this to work.
Everything was working fine before I reinstalled. I have
a p4 with 850GB intel mobo. Acer 1832A CDRW. Im using XP
version and lates update to EZCD by roxio. I have
flashed my bios to the lastest and formated the hard
drive every time before doing fresh install of xp. Here
is what I have:
After intalling direct cd:
cd shows up on device manager
cd shows up on my computer
shows up on computer managment
Device type says: DVD/CD ROM drives working properly
Driver Microsoft 7/1/2001 5.1.2535.0
direct cd icon is active in the task bar.
however nothing says CDRW. All listing show as a CD.
I also have a DVD drive by hitachi? It works fine through
all my problems.
Here is the problems i have reguardless of all the
indications that its there:
I put a store bought game (several) in the cdrw drive.
Also a burned (closed cdrw) and formated cdr:
My computer show the drive letter, but noting there for
size, cannot open the dive when I select it. Says insert
disk into drive
Its still listed on divice manager.
Comuter management shows the drive there, but "no media"
is displayed and under properties says no conflicts.
Using direct cd, it says cd not ready, wether its a cdrw
or closed or store bought game.
I dont know what to look for or try next. Ive formated
and reloaded many times with no luck. Any suggestions?
3. CD Drive:\is not accessable, Incorrect function error
4. Want to use a filter to change format
5. CD drives are not accessable
7. CD-ROM not accessable - parameter is incorrect?
9. dvd not working not accessable
10. Win95 \\share is not accessable. Not logged on.
11. OE Attachments not accessable
12. Attachments are not accessable
13. IE6 taskbar not accessable