ERROR...Winsock.dll, Wsock32.dll, or Wsock.vxd file is missing or damaged

ERROR...Winsock.dll, Wsock32.dll, or Wsock.vxd file is missing or damaged

Post by Michael Stickle » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:34:28

Does anyone know where I can download new drivers for Winsock.dll,
Wsock32.dll, & Wsock.vxd file.

Post by Steve Winogra » Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:58:53

>Does anyone know where I can download new drivers for Winsock.dll,
>Wsock32.dll, & Wsock.vxd file.

Microsoft doesn't make Windows files available for download.  Sorry.

Could we please take a step back?  Why do you want to download those
files?  What problem are you trying to solve?
--
Best Wishes,
Steve Winograd, MS-MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/mvp

Associate Expert - Windows XP
ExpertZone - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

Sorry, but I don't give technical support by E-mail.
Please post all questions in the news group.

Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ
http://www.sohointer.net/winograd/faq.htm

ERROR...Winsock.dll, Wsock32.dll, or Wsock.vxd file is missing or damaged

Post by Earl F. Parris » Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:19:05

If you run "SFC /scannow" from the "Run" line you will restore all Windows
XP system files.  You have to have the Windows XP CD in the drive.  The
files may also be found in the "system32/dllcache" subdirectory.  The
subdirectory is hidden so you will have to uncheck "Hide protected operating
system files." in the Folder Options menu of any Explore window.  It is
under the View tab.  Turn it back on when you are through.

--
Earl F. Parrish

Quote:> Does anyone know where I can download new drivers for Winsock.dll,
> Wsock32.dll, & Wsock.vxd file.

---