by Scott Rodamake » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:30:36
by stev » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 15:13:04
2^32 = 4,294,967,296 = 4 GB
Nothing can "hotfix" this because it's a limit of the number of bytes the processor can address.
1. XP Pro will not address all my memory (3GB Limit?)
I heard that XP Pro was shipped with a temporary 3GB memory limit and that a hotfix may be available to fix my problem. Has anyone heard of this? This is on XP Pro SP1 IA-32. I need the article number as microsoft support had no clue.
2. Sharing confusion...
3. Will XP handle 3GB Memory?
4. Folder could not be displayed error
5. Bios Reads 4GB XP Pros says 3GB
6. IE6.0.2800.11.06, SP1
7. /3GB Support for XP Pro 32-bit running on System w/EM64T CPUs
8. help !!! interrupt sharing problem..
9. NT 4.0 SP3 support for 3GB Application Memory
10. XP PRO vs XP HOME --- XP PRO ING vs- XP PRO ESP
11. XP pro or 2000 pro for low memory laptop (192mb)
12. Presario 700 laptop memory upgrade (XP wont boot)
13. memory & address bar memory automatic clear