printer and scanner

Post by sandy carte » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 08:49:22

I got a new puter a few week ago, i went to the webpage
for lexmarks and down loaded to put it in my new puter
in. it said new hardware, but when i go to print, is said
printer not found. i have a lexmarks 2030.lexmarks will
not help because  my printer is not under warrteny(SP).My
scanner is primax600p/1200p.to me it is not getting the
comand to print. could any body help me.  when start up
yhup he puter it click like it want to print..

                thank you

                  sandy carter

printer and scanner

Post by sandy carte » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 08:49:26

I got a new puter a few week ago, i went to the webpage
for lexmarks and down loaded to put it in my new puter
in. it said new hardware, but when i go to print, is said
printer not found. i have a lexmarks 2030.lexmarks will
not help because  my printer is not under warrteny(SP).My
scanner is primax600p/1200p.to me it is not getting the
comand to print. could any body help me.  when start up
yhup he puter it click like it want to print..

                thank you

                  sandy carter

printer and scanner

Post by Scarecro » Sun, 14 Apr 2002 05:07:25

According to the windows compatibility page, your printer
is not compatible with xp; however, I did see drivers for
it on lexmark's website.  Here is something to try to make
it work.  Unplug printer from computer.  Go to add/remove
programs and remove anything there that has to do with
your printer.  Then go to control panel and remove
printer.  Go to lexmark's website and download the driver
and choose "save as" and save it somewhere you can find it
easily like my documents.  Here is the link for the
download:

http://drivers3.lexmark.com/drivers.nsf/printer+driver/C7ED
07C544A1276485256AA3004D374C?OpenDocument

After downloading, disconnect from the net if you are
dialup and close your antivirus program.  Then follow the
instructions lexmark gives for the install.  Lexmark says
the driver must be installed through the add programs
wizard.  While you are at it, make sure your printer cable
is in good shape (troubleshot dad's printer recently and
found a horrible kink that was causing the problem).
Hope that helps.  If not, there are decent printers on the
market now for pretty cheap.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I got a new puter a few week ago, i went to the webpage
>for lexmarks and down loaded to put it in my new puter
>in. it said new hardware, but when i go to print, is said
>printer not found. i have a lexmarks 2030.lexmarks will
>not help because  my printer is not under warrteny(SP).My
>scanner is primax600p/1200p.to me it is not getting the
>comand to print. could any body help me.  when start up
>yhup he puter it click like it want to print..

>                thank you

>                  sandy carter
>.

1. Help! Scanner and Printer Issues

Hello,
     First off let me say I am a computer dummy!  I am
having a difficult time setting up my printer from my old
computer to my new one.  My printer(HP Deskjet 722C) is
plugged in to my scanner (Canon not sure of the model)
which then plugs into my computer.  I have tried to
install the printer to no avail.  I think it has to with
the port? It's on LPT1 and I think it should be on a
different port because of the scanner?  AM I right.
Thanks a lot for your help in advance!  :)  Tracy

2. Exporting newsgroups settings from one computer to another...

3. Epson 2500 printer/scanner

4. Ess Modem Driver Version 5.43.069.1 problems

5. HP 900 PRINTER/FAX/SCANNER/COPIER

6. file extensions

7. Start up script for printer/scanner driver

8. Garbled screen and freezed keyboard at the command prompt

9. Printer HP1120c / Scanner HP5200c

10. HP 2210 Printer/Scanner

11. wont install printer and can't use scanner

12. X73 combined printer/scanner not working

13. printer/scanner/copier