hp pavillion preloaded media player vs. windows media player

hp pavillion preloaded media player vs. windows media player

Post by anthony bacc » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 06:24:05

when i bought the hp it came with a preloaded "musicmatch
jukebox" program.  when i click on a downloaded mp3 file
to play it, it automatically plays the mp3 from
the "musicmatch jukebox" program not the windows media
player that's also installed.  i recently installed a free
upgrade to the "musicmatch jukebox" program and i can play
mp3 files from my user account (administrator access),
however, now neither of the other two users (limited
access users) are able to play mp3 files from their user
accounts.  in fact the "musicmatch jukebox" program won't
even open from their user accounts and a message appears
which indicates they don't have rights to access.  how can
i ensure the other two users have access to this program
without giving them administrator rights when they click
to play mp3 files?  i'm thinking that i may have to give
them temporary administrator rights and then upgrade the
programs from their user accounts.  anyone experience this
problem?  i guess the other option would be to remove
the "musicmatch jukebox" program and see if the mp3 files
open up the windows media player automatically when a user
double clicks the file to play.  i'm not sure how to
adjust the file path, or the program to ensure that files
of this type (mp3,wav, etc.) automatically open the
windows media player to play instead of the "musicmatch
jukebox" program.  any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tony B.

hp pavillion preloaded media player vs. windows media player

Post by Andrew E » Wed, 05 Mar 2003 11:10:12

 Music match is kinda obsolete in xp,however if you want
 them,or you to run it try,right clicking the program in
 youre desktop.Choose move to youre documents,left click,
 the icon,in the drop down menu,move this file,try moving
 to the other users documents.If that option isnt there,
 move to my computer,you should have the other users
 document listed there,try moving to thier files.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>when i bought the hp it came with a preloaded "musicmatch
>jukebox" program.  when i click on a downloaded mp3 file
>to play it, it automatically plays the mp3 from
>the "musicmatch jukebox" program not the windows media
>player that's also installed.  i recently installed a
free
>upgrade to the "musicmatch jukebox" program and i can
play
>mp3 files from my user account (administrator access),
>however, now neither of the other two users (limited
>access users) are able to play mp3 files from their user
>accounts.  in fact the "musicmatch jukebox" program won't
>even open from their user accounts and a message appears
>which indicates they don't have rights to access.  how
can
>i ensure the other two users have access to this program
>without giving them administrator rights when they click
>to play mp3 files?  i'm thinking that i may have to give
>them temporary administrator rights and then upgrade the
>programs from their user accounts.  anyone experience
this
>problem?  i guess the other option would be to remove
>the "musicmatch jukebox" program and see if the mp3 files
>open up the windows media player automatically when a
user
>double clicks the file to play.  i'm not sure how to
>adjust the file path, or the program to ensure that files
>of this type (mp3,wav, etc.) automatically open the
>windows media player to play instead of the "musicmatch
>jukebox" program.  any help would be greatly
appreciated.
>Tony B.
>.

hp pavillion preloaded media player vs. windows media player

Post by anthony bacc » Thu, 06 Mar 2003 03:22:42

thanks andrew, since musicmatch was/is obsolete in your
opinion, i did a little comparison of my own and you're
right.  the ultimate kicker though was that musicmatch
wants you to pay for a subscription... WMP is free!  TY
Again, Tony B.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
> Music match is kinda obsolete in xp,however if you want
> them,or you to run it try,right clicking the program in
> youre desktop.Choose move to youre documents,left click,
> the icon,in the drop down menu,move this file,try moving
> to the other users documents.If that option isnt there,
> move to my computer,you should have the other users
> document listed there,try moving to thier files.

Quote:>>jukebox" program.  when i click on a downloaded mp3 file