Task Schedule would not run while logged in as Administrator

Task Schedule would not run while logged in as Administrator

Post by Lad » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:13:51

In order to run some pragrammes on my computer I need to
to log in as an Administrator. But while I log in as ans
Administrator and schedule some Task under the same
Administrator account the schedule tasks does not run.

I have try every thing I can but it still would not run.
I have even try to set the task schedule under limited
account. There is no option with Windows XP Home Edition
in the User setup to set user as Local user as some
articles recommended

So what I need is how to schedule a task when I log in as
an Administrator.

Thank you for your help.

Task Schedule would not run while logged in as Administrator

Post by David Cand » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 17:39:15

You MUST use an account with a password.

David Candy
http://www.mvps.org/serenitymacros
http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000002364 or http://www.simtel.com/pub/pd/18669.html
--
http://www.newstatesman.co.uk

> In order to run some pragrammes on my computer I need to
> to log in as an Administrator. But while I log in as ans
> Administrator and schedule some Task under the same
> Administrator account the schedule tasks does not run.

> I have try every thing I can but it still would not run.
> I have even try to set the task schedule under limited
> account. There is no option with Windows XP Home Edition
> in the User setup to set user as Local user as some
> articles recommended

> So what I need is how to schedule a task when I log in as
> an Administrator.

> Thank you for your help.

1. Scheduled Tasks only run when Administrator logs in

I have 20 workstations which are all identical, running
WinXP Pro SP1 in a W2K Domain.  3 of them will not run
Scheduled Tasks when logged in as someone other than
Administrator, or when not logged in at all.

All the users have local Administrator privileges because
of a custom app we have which registers things every time
it runs.  So permissions should not be the issue.

I have followed all the steps in KB article 308558, and
everything checks out as ok, but the tasks simply do not
run.  The status column and the log show the last time
the task ran when Administrator logged in.  And as soon
as I log into the workstation as Administrator, the
Norton LiveUpdate starts going, the Windows Update starts
going, and all the other scheduled tasks work just fine.
The Task Scheduler Service properties are just like
308558 say they should be, and it is started.

Any ideas?
Thanks!
SherryB

2. When I right-click a folder and select 'Properties' nothing happens

3. Tasks in scheduled tasks not running automatically

4. error

5. scheduling tasks to run and then not run

6. New Tech Board !!

7. Scheduled Tasks won't run when logged off

8. Win95 reboots itself during Netscate & others.

9. How to setup a scheduled task to run while logged of on XP Pro.

10. Schedule Tasks to Run Without a User logged on (?)

11. Scheduled Tasks only run in context of currently logged on user

12. Scheduled Task only runs when logged in.

13. Task scheduler not running correctly when user not logged on or screen locked