menus not appearing when i click on "file" "view"etc...

menus not appearing when i click on "file" "view"etc...

Post by janic » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 02:17:44

this just started the other day.  When I click on any
menu (file, view, edit, right mouse click etc..) an
outline box will come up (sometimes with what was running
shadowed in the box)  but the list is not showing up.  If
I run my mouse over the menu then you can see the list of
features but it doesn't look right.  This sometimes
happened on our old computer when programs stopped
running and it was about to freeze.  "Favorites" works
normally.  I ran a virus scan and nothing came up.  I
hope this is clear because it is hard to explain when you
don't know the lingo.

Post by Mr Orcade » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 03:51:22

> this just started the other day.  When I click on any
> menu (file, view, edit, right mouse click etc..) an
> outline box will come up (sometimes with what was running
> shadowed in the box)  but the list is not showing up.  If
> I run my mouse over the menu then you can see the list of
> features but it doesn't look right.  This sometimes
> happened on our old computer when programs stopped
> running and it was about to freeze.  "Favorites" works
> normally.  I ran a virus scan and nothing came up.  I
> hope this is clear because it is hard to explain when you
> don't know the lingo.

Maybe the following link and line 56 right hand side will help, however you
maybe better wait until someone else gives their opinion as I'm not 100%
sure if this is the correct answer.

Post by janic » Wed, 23 Apr 2003 05:02:25

> [...]

Quote:>maybe better wait until someone else gives their opinion
as I'm not 100%
>sure if this is the correct answer.

>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

>.

Thanks, I checked it out but it didn't help.
Janice