Shut Down Trouble

Post by Bens » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:46:23

I have Windows XP Pro.
Everyother time i try to shut my Conmputer down (Turn off, Hibinate or
Standbye) My Computer pauses on the please wait while e.g. shutting down.
E.g. I turn my computer on, after been on (even 30secs) I Hibinate it,
10mins later turn it on and everything seems ok and goes smoothly. I them
try to turn my computer off, wether it be hibinate, standbye or turn off and
my PC pauses, I have to reset the computer using the button to get it
working again!
Can anyone help, Thanks, Ben.

Shut Down Trouble

Post by Patty MacDuffi » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 09:51:16

See what you can do with the information here:
http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm
--
Patty MacDuffie
MS MVP for Desktop Systems

> I have Windows XP Pro.
> Everyother time i try to shut my Conmputer down (Turn off, Hibinate or
> Standbye) My Computer pauses on the please wait while e.g. shutting down.
> E.g. I turn my computer on, after been on (even 30secs) I Hibinate it,
> 10mins later turn it on and everything seems ok and goes smoothly. I them
> try to turn my computer off, wether it be hibinate, standbye or turn off and
> my PC pauses, I have to reset the computer using the button to get it
> working again!
> Can anyone help, Thanks, Ben.

Shut Down Trouble

Post by Jim Eshelma » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:51:02

Quote:> I have Windows XP Pro.
> Everyother time i try to shut my Conmputer down (Turn off, Hibinate or
> Standbye) My Computer pauses on the please wait while e.g. shutting down.
> E.g. I turn my computer on, after been on (even 30secs) I Hibinate it,
> 10mins later turn it on and everything seems ok and goes smoothly. I them
> try to turn my computer off, wether it be hibinate, standbye or turn off
and
> my PC pauses, I have to reset the computer using the button to get it
> working again!
> Can anyone help, Thanks, Ben.

See: www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnxp.htm
Windows XP Shutdown & Restart Troubleshooting

--
Jim Eshelman MS-MVP
My most common newsgroup answers can be found at: