Unmountable_Boot_Volume Error

Post by dale gauc » Tue, 11 Dec 2001 19:14:05

This occurs during setup. Can somone help

Unmountable_Boot_Volume Error

Post by Glyn » Wed, 12 Dec 2001 00:57:12

This behavior may occur if the following conditions exist:
You are using an Ultra Direct Memory Access (UDMA)
controller with your computer. You are using a standard 40-
wire connector cable to connect the UDMA drive to the
controller instead of the required 80-wire, 40-pin cable.
The basic input/output system (BIOS) is set to force the
faster UDMA modes or the file system is corrupted and
cannot be mounted.

To resolve this behavior, perform one of the following
rocedures: Replace the 40-wire cable with an 80-wire UDMA
cable. Load the 'Fail-Safe' BIOS default and reactivate
the most currently used options such as USB Support.
                          -or-
If the second parameter of the Stop error is 0xC0000032,
then file system is corrupted. Restart the computer to the
Recovery Console, and then run the chkdsk command against
the volume. After it is repaired, check your hardware to
isolate the cause of the file system corruption.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>This occurs during setup. Can somone help
>.

1. 250GB HD Unmountable_Boot_Volume Error after reboot

I need assistance.  My original ATA100 40gig hd failed.
I replaced it with a new WD 250gig hd.
I rebuild my system, 250hd recognized by both BIOS and
WinXP during rebuild. I download SP1 and then reboot.
After reboot I get blue screen.. Stop...
Unmountable_Boot_Volume.  I have reviewed article
#303013, 314082.  The ATAPI driver is version
5.1.2600.1133.  When I attempt to follow directions for
version 1135 it says SP1 driver already there and it's
not needed.  When I check Registry w/ RegEdit.. I don't
see LBA support, but I don't know how, nor can find
detailed instructions on how, to add this line to the
Registry.  Any assistance sincerely appreciated as I've
been down a week now and REALLY need to get this system
back up and running.

Please advise soonest.

Thanks!
Scott

2. Newsgroups search

3. unmountable_boot_volume error

4. Win 95 Programs on Windows XP Home

5. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME error

6. Staring an editor

7. Unmountable_boot_volume error

8. Format HD in Win XP?

9. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME ERROR

10. unmountable_boot_volume error

11. Unmountable_boot_volume error

12. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME error after XP install

13. unmountable_boot_volume error