IDE Channels

Post by JR » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:32:10

Hello,

Should the IDE channels be set to DMA or PIO?? I am having  lots of hard
drive paging trouble?? Also lag time between button clicks?

Thanks JR

IDE Channels

Post by Aussi » Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:41:04

DMA mode. PIO mode is slower.

Quote:> Hello,

> Should the IDE channels be set to DMA or PIO?? I am having  lots of hard
> drive paging trouble?? Also lag time between button clicks?

> Thanks JR

IDE Channels

Post by David Baxte » Sun, 28 Jul 2002 01:10:56

...and if the system encounters errors that might be attributed to DMA, that
channel will be set by the system to PIO...

what "hard drive paging trouble" are you having?