disk cleanup

Post by Dan Burnet » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:58:41

I have tried to free space on my disk using disk cleanup
and by dragging files to trash and deleating the files in
the trash.  Despite all this, disk cleanup indicates the
same free space as when I started.   I have gotten rid of
about 1.5G - I can't figure out what is wrong.

disk cleanup

Post by Jupiter Jone » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:08:45

Empty the Recycle Bin.
Reboot.

--
Jupiter Jones
Please respond to newsgroup only.

Quote:> I have tried to free space on my disk using disk cleanup
> and by dragging files to trash and deleating the files in
> the trash.  Despite all this, disk cleanup indicates the
> same free space as when I started.   I have gotten rid of
> about 1.5G - I can't figure out what is wrong.

disk cleanup

Post by Dan Burnet » Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:19:41

I've emptied the recycle bin and rebooted.  I also
defragmented the hard disk. This did not free up any
space.

Dan

disk cleanup

Post by Richard » Wed, 25 Sep 2002 07:16:41

Dan, If you are using Norton, delete the "Protected Files"
Richard E