Lexmark Z52 Printing Problems

Post by Jack Lowe » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 07:17:13

I need some expert advice.  My friend's printer ( Lexmark
Z52 - 2 years old) which is hooked up to Dell Windows ME
computer, does not print.  The power light is on and
blinking - cannot get the light to stop blinking.  The
message on the computer is "Printer not ready.  Cannot
communicate with printer.  Please check printer manual."

The paper is not jammed, the ink may be low, but doubt
it.  I printed 2 things a couple weeks ago and then tried
to print my address book, when this happened.  Its
something I've done and I'd like to fix it for her.  Very
frustrating!  The manual is not helpful.  All else on
computer works fine.  Can you E-mail me with some clue?

Post by Debra Earl » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 18:47:13

> I need some expert advice.  My friend's printer ( Lexmark
> Z52 - 2 years old) which is hooked up to Dell Windows ME
> computer, does not print.  The power light is on and
> blinking - cannot get the light to stop blinking.  The
> message on the computer is "Printer not ready.  Cannot
> communicate with printer.  Please check printer manual."

> The paper is not jammed, the ink may be low, but doubt
> it.  I printed 2 things a couple weeks ago and then tried
> to print my address book, when this happened.  Its
> something I've done and I'd like to fix it for her.  Very
> frustrating!  The manual is not helpful.  All else on
> computer works fine.  Can you E-mail me with some clue?

Look at the manual;  the flashing power light obviously means something is
wrong with the *printer* itself.  And until you fix that, it isn't going
to print no matter what you do to software in Windows.

For example:
http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-bin/kbsearch/fwd.cgi?SKIN=&feature=faq...

http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-bin/kbsearch/fwd.cgi?SKIN=&feature=faq...

-- DE

Lexmark Z52 Printing Problems

Post by Stanley S. Glaze » Sat, 22 Mar 2003 15:52:43

Call Lexmark. They are very helpful with their Technical Support and it
doesn't matter whether you have a service policy with them or not. I have
used Lexmark printers for years and they have helped me many times. Stan

> > I need some expert advice.  My friend's printer ( Lexmark
> > Z52 - 2 years old) which is hooked up to Dell Windows ME
> > computer, does not print.  The power light is on and
> > blinking - cannot get the light to stop blinking.  The
> > message on the computer is "Printer not ready.  Cannot
> > communicate with printer.  Please check printer manual."

> > The paper is not jammed, the ink may be low, but doubt
> > it.  I printed 2 things a couple weeks ago and then tried
> > to print my address book, when this happened.  Its
> > something I've done and I'd like to fix it for her.  Very
> > frustrating!  The manual is not helpful.  All else on
> > computer works fine.  Can you E-mail me with some clue?

> Look at the manual;  the flashing power light obviously means something is
> wrong with the *printer* itself.  And until you fix that, it isn't going
> to print no matter what you do to software in Windows.

> For example:

http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-bin/kbsearch/fwd.cgi?SKIN=&feature=faq...
=28941&session=437626&ccs=229:1:0:292:0:0&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.lexmark.com/
infatlib.nsf/Document/ENG28941
http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-bin/kbsearch/fwd.cgi?SKIN=&feature=faq...
=24324&session=437626&ccs=229:1:0:292:0:0&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.lexmark.com/
infatlib.nsf/Document/ENG24324

Quote:

> -- DE

1. Lexmark Z52 Printing Problems

I need some expert advice.  My friend's printer ( Lexmark
Z52 - 2 years old) which is hooked up to Dell Windows ME
computer, does not print.  The power light is on and
blinking - cannot get the light to stop blinking.  The
message on the computer is "Printer not ready.  Cannot
communicate with printer.  Please check printer manual."

The paper is not jammed, the ink may be low, but doubt
it.  I printed 2 things a couple weeks ago and then tried
to print my address book, when this happened.  Its
something I've done and I'd like to fix it for her.  Very
frustrating!  The manual is not helpful.  All else on
computer works fine.  Can you E-mail me with some clue?

2. CD-R help/backup

3. Adaptec 1200 A ALert.

4. Neither Lexmark Z52 nor HP 712C will print color...

5. wmv -file: sound but no image!

6. Lexmark Z52 Printing too DARK

7. OUTLOOKEXPRESS 6

8. Lexmark Z52 Problems