error message

Post by John » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 01:40:13

I've recently upgraded to XP Proffessional from ME. Before
I did that I removed a few programs that weren't being
used and that weren't compatible. Now I keep getting an
error message with the title "vsmon.exe unable to locate
component" the actual message is "This application failed
to start because VSNETUTILS.dll was not found. Re-
installing may fix the problem." I've tried re-installing
the program but that doesn't work. Any ideas.

error message

Post by Steven L » Wed, 06 Nov 2002 15:46:48

--------------------

Subject: error message
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 08:40:13 -0800

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

I've recently upgraded to XP Proffessional from ME. Before
I did that I removed a few programs that weren't being
used and that weren't compatible. Now I keep getting an
error message with the title "vsmon.exe unable to locate
component" the actual message is "This application failed
to start because VSNETUTILS.dll was not found. Re-
installing may fix the problem." I've tried re-installing
the program but that doesn't work. Any ideas.

Dear Customer,

The VSNETUTILS.dll and vsmon.exe are the ZoneAlarms components. I think the
issue is caused by that the ZoneAlarms is corrupted. Reinstall the
application can solve the issue. Please install the latest version one
which is compatible with the Windows XP.

Thanks for using Microsoft News Group!

Sincerely,

Steven Liu

This posting is provided ?AS IS? with no warranties, and confers no
rights.

error message

Post by William Mckenn » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 19:29:06

I keep getting C:\programfiles\runtime\0700
\intel32/DOTNET Installer.exe can not find mscroree.dll

error message

Post by Gary Thorn [MVP-Windows Technologies » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 21:37:18

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I keep getting C:\programfiles\runtime\0700
>\intel32/DOTNET Installer.exe can not find mscroree.dll
>.

This is the Microsoft .NET framework. Go to Add/Remove
programs and remove the .NET framework there. When that is
uninstalled, reinstall it by going to Windows Update and
choosing it.

Hope this helps!

Gary Thorn
MVP-Windows Technologies
Associate Expert

More about the Windows XP Expert Zone:
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

More about the MS MVP Program:
http://tinyurl.com/n08

error message

Post by Kell » Fri, 08 Nov 2002 08:39:34

Hi William,

Mscoree.dll is part of the .NET framework for Windows. To Download and Install .NET Framework go to:  www.microsoft.com/net

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com