Windows XP is not retaining passwords and settings even if save password is chec

Windows XP is not retaining passwords and settings even if save password is chec

Post by Ed » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 07:18:17

Hi There

Windows XP is not retaining passwords, even in Outlook I
have to type in my passwords everytime I check my mail,
it's also causing ZoneAlarm to prompt for settings
everytime I start my PC. Please let me know the solution
to fix this problem.

Thank you very much.

Ed

Windows XP is not retaining passwords and settings even if save password is chec

Post by John Smit » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 11:45:53

I don't have an answer, but just wanted to let you know that I'm having the
exact same problem.  So, no, you're not going crazy :)

Quote:> Hi There

> Windows XP is not retaining passwords, even in Outlook I
> have to type in my passwords everytime I check my mail,
> it's also causing ZoneAlarm to prompt for settings
> everytime I start my PC. Please let me know the solution
> to fix this problem.

> Thank you very much.

> Ed

Windows XP is not retaining passwords and settings even if save password is chec

Post by Craig Brow » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 15:35:25

Hi,

I had a similar problem after disabling the protected storage service.

To re-enable Protected Storage goto run and type services.msc and check that
the protected storage service is set to automatic.

Craig

Quote:> Hi There

> Windows XP is not retaining passwords, even in Outlook I
> have to type in my passwords everytime I check my mail,
> it's also causing ZoneAlarm to prompt for settings
> everytime I start my PC. Please let me know the solution
> to fix this problem.

> Thank you very much.

> Ed

Windows XP is not retaining passwords and settings even if save password is chec

Post by Kell » Tue, 25 Dec 2001 16:52:15

Hi,

See if this helps:  For OE

Outlook Express keeps prompting for your password
http://people.ne.mediaone.net/dbknox/xp/tips/xp_oe_passwords.htm

For Outlook

Save Password Setting Not Saved When Connecting to POP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q235864

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP DTS
[AE-Windows? XP]

Windows Troubleshooting & Support
http://www.kellys-korner.com

Info, Help & Troubleshooting Windows  XP
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/win_xp.htm
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/win_xp_tshoot.htm

> I don't have an answer, but just wanted to let you know that I'm having
the
> exact same problem.  So, no, you're not going crazy :)

> > Hi There

> > Windows XP is not retaining passwords, even in Outlook I
> > have to type in my passwords everytime I check my mail,
> > it's also causing ZoneAlarm to prompt for settings
> > everytime I start my PC. Please let me know the solution
> > to fix this problem.

> > Thank you very much.

> > Ed

1. Passwords not retained even if save password is checked

I have to log on to several sites that require passwords and user names to
get into. With W2K this worked great but with XP it just remembers the user
name even if I check the box that says save password.  I have seen several
people having the same problem and the KB article everyone points them to is
about pop mail accounts. I have searched the KB and groups.google and can't
find anything that will help me.

Thanks, Rich B

2. MP3s at a good rate...

3. Why I am not able to save the user name and password diuring authentication?

4. MCI commands for video overlay

5. Password is not retained when remember password box checked

6. XP DISK CLEANUP HANGS ( WHY )

7. Password Is Not Retained in Windows XP

8. Rebar/Coolbar in MFC

9. Outlook Express 6 Password Is Not Retained in Windows XP

10. CMAK: Password problem, password and "save password" option don't appear

11. How to disable the 'save password' password box in ie6 password boxes?

12. "pop ups" even when i am not online???

13. usernale/password not saved in password list in IExplorer6