Explorer opening with Folder view of My Documents

Explorer opening with Folder view of My Documents

Post by Sean Brow » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 13:54:17

Windows is getting so much like the MaxOS...NOT! A simple
concept as getting an Explorer window to open with the
FOLDER VIEW in the left pane, with My Documents expanded
and the detail view in the right pane, should be a built
in option. At least it should be easy enough to get it to
do. But not in Windows.

The fix? Not that it is readily apparent, but you need to
make a short cut, click on Properties, and paste:

C:\WINNT\explorer.exe /e,C:\,::{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-
0800361B1103}

in the Target. When you click on it, a new Explorer
window will open as described above.

Yeah, that's certainly intuitive. At least Win2K allowed
me to use HTTP to customize my views. Talk about a major
step back in XP. Blech!

Thanks, Billy G.!

Explorer opening with Folder view of My Documents

Post by Walter Brun » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 01:18:31

Sean, can you give us more detailed instructions? I'm confused about
which application you're referring to. So, can you tell me
- Which application needs a shortcut
- What "target" in what dialog box you're referring to.
Thanks for the help.

> Windows is getting so much like the MaxOS...NOT! A simple
> concept as getting an Explorer window to open with the
> FOLDER VIEW in the left pane, with My Documents expanded
> and the detail view in the right pane, should be a built
> in option. At least it should be easy enough to get it to
> do. But not in Windows.

> The fix? Not that it is readily apparent, but you need to
> make a short cut, click on Properties, and paste:

> C:\WINNT\explorer.exe /e,C:\,::{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-
> 0800361B1103}

> in the Target. When you click on it, a new Explorer
> window will open as described above.

> Yeah, that's certainly intuitive. At least Win2K allowed
> me to use HTTP to customize my views. Talk about a major
> step back in XP. Blech!

> Thanks, Billy G.!

Explorer opening with Folder view of My Documents

Post by Kingsley Klosso » Thu, 24 Jan 2002 06:46:57

Make a shortcut to explorer.exe.  Then enter into the shortcut properties as
described.

> Sean, can you give us more detailed instructions? I'm confused about
> which application you're referring to. So, can you tell me
> - Which application needs a shortcut
> - What "target" in what dialog box you're referring to.
> Thanks for the help.

> > Windows is getting so much like the MaxOS...NOT! A simple
> > concept as getting an Explorer window to open with the
> > FOLDER VIEW in the left pane, with My Documents expanded
> > and the detail view in the right pane, should be a built
> > in option. At least it should be easy enough to get it to
> > do. But not in Windows.

> > The fix? Not that it is readily apparent, but you need to
> > make a short cut, click on Properties, and paste:

> > C:\WINNT\explorer.exe /e,C:\,::{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-
> > 0800361B1103}

> > in the Target. When you click on it, a new Explorer
> > window will open as described above.

> > Yeah, that's certainly intuitive. At least Win2K allowed
> > me to use HTTP to customize my views. Talk about a major
> > step back in XP. Blech!

> > Thanks, Billy G.!

1. Explorer crashes when viewing jpg images in My Documents folder

Greetings All!

Here is a strange one, when I try to view a picture
inside the my pictures folder inside my documents.
Explorer comes up and says it has crashed and will
restart? This seems to be happening as it is trying to
display the thumbnails of the images. These are just jpg
pictures that when viewed in any other directory are just
fine! I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers! =)

2. test

3. explorer opened in my documents folder on evry start up!!!

4. playing a MIDI and repeating it

5. WMP 7

6. My Explorer.exe application opens my documents folder.

7. Running dos in xp

8. Open Windows Explorer in Folders view?

9. ??? My Documents Folder and Shared Documents Folder ??

10. Viewing zipped files in Explorer folder view

11. PBM: open a folder in FTP frame replaces the whole window (folder view enabled)

12. open folder behavior when selecting folder in tree view