media player 9

Post by Dere » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:04:44

i downlowded a film(which took about 12 hours might i
add!). unfortunately  when i attempt to play it, media
player tells me it is there is an error downloading the
codec. It plays the audio very well but there is no
picture. I have the latest media player version 9, can
anyone help?

media player 9

Post by Yogesh Samart » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:56:01

You need to download DivX codec which will play this file.
Search for this codec at www.google.com and install after
downloading.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>i downlowded a film(which took about 12 hours might i
>add!). unfortunately  when i attempt to play it, media
>player tells me it is there is an error downloading the
>codec. It plays the audio very well but there is no
>picture. I have the latest media player version 9, can
>anyone help?
>.

media player 9

Post by Nick » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:30:56

You should download Nimo codec pack which has nearly
every video and audio codec available. The codec you need
may not be the Divx codec it could somthing like xvid.
Just do a search in yahoo for Nimo.

Quote:>>-----Original Message-----
>>i downlowded a film(which took about 12 hours might i
>>add!). unfortunately  when i attempt to play it, media
>>player tells me it is there is an error downloading the
>>codec. It plays the audio very well but there is no
>>picture. I have the latest media player version 9, can
>>anyone help?
>>.

>.

media player 9

Post by DennisLazo.co » Mon, 10 Mar 2003 21:25:30

depends which file it is...if it is an mpg file, it may be an mpeg 2 file
which wmp does not play unless you have a dvd player software

| i downlowded a film(which took about 12 hours might i
| add!). unfortunately  when i attempt to play it, media
| player tells me it is there is an error downloading the
| codec. It plays the audio very well but there is no
| picture. I have the latest media player version 9, can
| anyone help?

media player 9

Post by Fred » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:59:24

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 02:56:01 -0800, "Yogesh Samarth"

> [...]

Wow.  You could tell that from his post.  Sorry, but you have no idea
what you are talking about.  There are dozens of codecs used, and
since some of the DIVX codecs are buggy, anyone taking your advice is
putting themselves at risk for system corruption.

The OP should first tell us about the movie, the file extension, what
codec it expects and so on.  There are tools to determine what codec
you need.  One such tool is located at
http://www.moviecodec.com/download/tools.shtml

You can also simply right-click a file, choose properties and then
select the summary tab.  You can then sometimes view the fourcc
information you need, and then download the codec at
http://www.moviecodec.com/codecdownload/

Nobody should just download codecs from anywhere without making sure
the codec is safe.

1. Embedded Media Player Control show 6.4 but Media Player 7 installed?

I have an instance of Windows Media Player Control embedded in my
application.  When I invoke its pop-up menu and select "About", it
shows that it's version 6.4.  The thing is, version 7.0 of the full
blown (standalone) Windows Media Player is installed on my system.  Is
there a 7.0 version of the WMP ActiveX control that needs to be
installed on my system?

Many thanks.

2. Cheap LCD monitors - Are there any to be avoided ?

3. Media Player lost events on Windows2000 Media Player

4. copying CDs

5. Media Player 7 databases in Media Player 8

6. Changing the cursor

7. Windows Media Player 7.1 vs original Windows Media Player in E-115 of Cassiopeia

8. System idel process

9. I.E. and windows media player/media player

10. Windows ME - Media Player 7.0 - Dialog Open freezes Media Player

11. media player freezes (xp version of media player)

12. Uninstalling Media Player 9 and Installing Media Player 7.1

13. how to make Windows Media Player the default media player.