Windows Explorer

Post by Bill » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:21:30

One of the most aggrivating things about Windows, since
'2000' came out, is how the MY DOCUMENTS folder
automatically expands when you go into Windows Explorer.
I want to have the My Compter folder open with the "C:"
drive expanded, instead.
HOW do I do that?

Windows Explorer

Post by RoseSon » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:43:19

Use Windows Key + E key     or
In the win explorer  shortcut Icon...right/click select properties. In the
Target area type or copy/paste this:
C:\Windows\Explorer.exe /e,C:\  If you type it be sure there is a space
between exe and the /e

--
Rosesong's Computer Protected by Ontracks AntiVirus
AV Definition #335  08/15/2002

Quote:> One of the most aggrivating things about Windows, since
> '2000' came out, is how the MY DOCUMENTS folder
> automatically expands when you go into Windows Explorer.
> I want to have the My Compter folder open with the "C:"
> drive expanded, instead.
> HOW do I do that?

Windows Explorer

Post by Bill » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:46:22

RoseSong,
THANKS for the help.  I'll try it when I get home.
Does that work for 2000 Pro also?

Bill

Windows Explorer

Post by RoseSon » Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:59:05

Yes and your welcome.

--
Rosesong's Computer Protected by Ontracks AntiVirus
AV Definition #335  08/15/2002
Enjoy your Day! Despite your Computer!!!

> RoseSong,
> THANKS for the help.  I'll try it when I get home.
> Does that work for 2000 Pro also?

> Bill

Windows Explorer

Post by Larr » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 10:21:12

I added the command switches so the target box reads:
        %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n,/e, C:\

the /n, = new window pane, and the /e, = expand.  Then the
C:\ = the folder you want it to be set to.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>One of the most aggrivating things about Windows, since
>'2000' came out, is how the MY DOCUMENTS folder
>automatically expands when you go into Windows Explorer.
>I want to have the My Compter folder open with the "C:"
>drive expanded, instead.
>HOW do I do that?
>.

1. Explorer bar of Windows Explorer unavailable after installing IE6 on Windows 98

After upgrading Internet Explorer from version 5.0 (in
Portuguese) to version 6.0 (also in Portuguese), the
Explorer bar of the Windows Explorer remains gray when one
select the 'Folders' option in the View menu. However,
with all other options (such as 'Search' or 'Media'), the
Explorer bar work properly.
Does anybody know how to fix it? I really need to have my
folders back to the left side of the Windows Explorer
screen!
Thank you.

2. External USB 2.0 Hard Drive - please help !

3. Windows explorer and Windows Internet explorer automatically shuts down

4. My Computer window opens at startup

5. Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer 'adopt' each other's window size

6. we

7. system freeze-ups

8. Cannot open Internet Explorer/Windows Explorer/My Comp

9. Internet Explorer\Windows Explorer Integration

10. Windows Explorer runs instead of Internet Explorer