Screen Resolution Keeps Switching

Post by Ryan » Thu, 24 Oct 2002 07:42:47

Each time one specific profile is log into, the screen
resolution reverts to 640 x 480.  I go in and change it
to 1024 x 768 and all is well untill the next time I log
off and log back in as that user.  I have the latest
drivers for my video card.  This only happens on one
profile also?  Suggestions?

Screen Resolution Keeps Switching

Post by Kell » Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:33:06

Hi Ryan,

See if this helps:  Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:

Start/Run/Regedit: HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Display\Settings
In the right pane, right click Resolution and under Value data type in:  1024,768

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

> Each time one specific profile is log into, the screen
> resolution reverts to 640 x 480.  I go in and change it
> to 1024 x 768 and all is well untill the next time I log
> off and log back in as that user.  I have the latest
> drivers for my video card.  This only happens on one
> profile also?  Suggestions?

Screen Resolution Keeps Switching

Post by Ryan » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:51:17

Kelly, thanks for the suggestion.  Gave it a run with no
luck.  The original problem still occurs.

-Ryan

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Ryan,

>See if this helps:  Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate
to this key:

>Start/Run/Regedit: HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Display\Settings
>In the right pane, right click Resolution and under

Value data type in:  1024,768

>--
>All the Best,
>Kelly

>MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
>Troubleshooting Windows XP
>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

Quote:>> Each time one specific profile is log into, the screen
>> resolution reverts to 640 x 480.  I go in and change
it
>> to 1024 x 768 and all is well untill the next time I
log
>> off and log back in as that user.  I have the latest
>> drivers for my video card.  This only happens on one
>> profile also?  Suggestions?

>.

Screen Resolution Keeps Switching

Post by Ryan » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 10:08:25

Kelly, after pushing my system a little I went with my
gut feeling and un-installed messanger.  Messanger had
been loading every time the resolution changed at
startup.  The uninstall fixed it....now just wether to re-
install it or not....hmmm.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Ryan,

>See if this helps:  Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate
to this key:

>Start/Run/Regedit: HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Display\Settings
>In the right pane, right click Resolution and under

Value data type in:  1024,768

>--
>All the Best,
>Kelly

>MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
>Troubleshooting Windows XP
>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

Quote:>> Each time one specific profile is log into, the screen
>> resolution reverts to 640 x 480.  I go in and change
it
>> to 1024 x 768 and all is well untill the next time I
log
>> off and log back in as that user.  I have the latest
>> drivers for my video card.  This only happens on one
>> profile also?  Suggestions?

>.

Screen Resolution Keeps Switching

Post by Kell » Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:28:29

Hmm, very interesting.  Thanks for the feedback.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Kelly, after pushing my system a little I went with my
gut feeling and un-installed messanger.  Messanger had
been loading every time the resolution changed at
startup.  The uninstall fixed it....now just wether to re-
install it or not....hmmm.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi Ryan,

>See if this helps:  Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate
to this key:

>Start/Run/Regedit: HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG\Display\Settings
>In the right pane, right click Resolution and under

Value data type in:  1024,768

>--
>All the Best,
>Kelly

>MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
>Troubleshooting Windows XP
>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

Quote:>> Each time one specific profile is log into, the screen
>> resolution reverts to 640 x 480.  I go in and change
it
>> to 1024 x 768 and all is well untill the next time I
log
>> off and log back in as that user.  I have the latest
>> drivers for my video card.  This only happens on one
>> profile also?  Suggestions?

>.

1. Help screen resolution (change screen resolution)

dear everyone
i have a major problem with win xp i changed the
resolution of my screen from windows and now my screens
turns up for a while and then turns of bacause it says the
screen resolution doesnt much i cant even see the start up
or anythin is it possible to change the resolution before
log on. please help??
ps i used to have 800 * something
              and 1024 * something
and then change it to higher and....you know the rest

2. Lifespan of CD ROM materials

3. Unreal Closes w/GPF When Switching Screen Resolutions In XP Pro

4. Copy to Clipboard doesn't work in Compatibility mode

5. Change screen resolution while switching user

6. NONE

7. XP Pro screen resolution and user switching

8. XP Home and 2 Processors?

9. Problem switching screen resolution.

10. Win95 loses mouse after switching screen resolutions

11. Screen Resolution Keeps Changing

12. My computter keeps restarting automaticaly when I change the screen resolution

13. XP keeps changing my screen resolution