Restarts by itselft

Post by SE Chan » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 09:17:35

I had gotten a new hard drive.
I installed windows xp after that.
Now every 15 minutes i am away from my computer, my
computer restarts.
I have already checked if its the new hard drive and it
isnt...
Can you tell me what is wrong with my computer?

Restarts by itselft

Post by Patrick Keena » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:03:34

Quote:> I had gotten a new hard drive.
> I installed windows xp after that.
> Now every 15 minutes i am away from my computer, my
> computer restarts.
> I have already checked if its the new hard drive and it
> isnt...
> Can you tell me what is wrong with my computer?

Right-click on My Computer, then on Properties, Advanced, Startup And
Recover, then click on the Settings button.  Remove the checkmark on
"automatically restart" in the System Failure section.

Now, your machine will not restart instead of crashing, and you can note the
error messages.   That will be a good start for finding the problem.

HTH
-pk

Restarts by itselft

Post by tony » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:23:34

Hi,
You malso check the Event viewer, you can get a lot of
info there:

Start/control panel/administrative tools/event viewer

Good luck.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I had gotten a new hard drive.
>I installed windows xp after that.
>Now every 15 minutes i am away from my computer, my
>computer restarts.
>I have already checked if its the new hard drive and it
>isnt...
>Can you tell me what is wrong with my computer?
>.

1. Computer reboots itselft

To see more about what's going on, follow these steps:

  1.. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2.. On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
  3.. Click to clear the Automatically restart check box under System
failure, and then click OK. The error message on a blue screen should remain
on the screen so you can record the error information.
That should give you a better idea of what's going wrong.

2. error

3. pop-UP- adds

4. Win xp and restart and restart and restart

5. File Transfer Win 3.11 to XP

6. Restart, restart, restart

7. DOS email storage path

8. Restarting and restarting

9. XP "Restart" never restarts just shutsdown instead.

10. restart just shuts down does not restart

11. Why the restart/shutdown/restart loop?

12. Computer will not software restart, must be hardware restart