Cryptographic Service

Post by Write » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:02:36

I am trying to install a file downloaded from Microsoft.  When I execute it,
everything goes fine and then I get the message that the Cryptographic
Service did not start.  In Control Panel, the settings show that it is of
the automatic start-up type and that it has started.  What must I do to get
it to work?

Thanks - Colin Johnson

Cryptographic Service

Post by Jupiter Jone » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:08:30

Colin;
Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q326815&
It is most likely the catroot2 file.

--
Jupiter Jones
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:

Quote:> I am trying to install a file downloaded from Microsoft.  When I
execute it,
> everything goes fine and then I get the message that the
Cryptographic
> Service did not start.  In Control Panel, the settings show that it
is of
> the automatic start-up type and that it has started.  What must I do
to get
> it to work?

> Thanks - Colin Johnson

Cryptographic Service

Post by Colin Johnso » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 09:30:32

"Jupiter",

Thank you very much.  It was the catroot2 file.  I can now install MS files.

Thanks again - Colin Johnson

Colin;
Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q326815&
It is most likely the catroot2 file.

--
Jupiter Jones
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp
Please respond to newsgroup only for everyone's benefit.

Quote:> I am trying to install a file downloaded from Microsoft.  When I
execute it,
> everything goes fine and then I get the message that the
Cryptographic
> Service did not start.  In Control Panel, the settings show that it
is of
> the automatic start-up type and that it has started.  What must I do
to get
> it to work?

> Thanks - Colin Johnson

Cryptographic Service

Post by Jupiter Jone » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:29:07

Your welcome Colin.
Glad to hear it worked.

--
Jupiter Jones
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp
Please respond to newsgroup only for everyone's benefit.

> "Jupiter",

> Thank you very much.  It was the catroot2 file.  I can now install
MS files.

> Thanks again - Colin Johnson

> Colin;
> Try this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q326815&
> It is most likely the catroot2 file.

> --
> Jupiter Jones
> An easier way to read newsgroup messages:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/setup.asp
> Please respond to newsgroup only for everyone's benefit.

> > I am trying to install a file downloaded from Microsoft.  When I
> execute it,
> > everything goes fine and then I get the message that the
> Cryptographic
> > Service did not start.  In Control Panel, the settings show that
it
> is of
> > the automatic start-up type and that it has started.  What must I
do
> to get
> > it to work?

> > Thanks - Colin Johnson

1. Could not start the Cryptographic Services service on local computer

Error 5: access denied.

Hi, all!
what happened?
-----
Event listing:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7023
Date:  24.12.2001
Time:  15:39:03
User:  N/A
Computer: Comp
The Cryptographic Services service terminated with the following error:
Access is denied.

2. Restoring a deleted quicklaunch shortcut

3. Cryptographic service is unavailable - how to re install this service

4. UPS Hotfix?

5. Cannot load Cryptographic Service Provider in IE6 SP1

6. Please send me a copy of NT 3.51 NewShell

7. cryptographic service

8. Product Activation

9. Start Cryptographic Service (error 126)

10. Cryptographic Service

11. sp1 and cryptographic service

12. cryptographic service

13. Cryptographic Service