CD-RW drive doesnt detect when i change a CD-R/CD-RW

CD-RW drive doesnt detect when i change a CD-R/CD-RW

Post by poodabl » Tue, 02 Oct 2001 00:27:07

the problem is this
if i want to use a CD-R/CD-RW disc
i'll have to place the disc in the drive before rebooting
 after XP reboots with the new CD in the CD-rw drive
it is now able to identify the disc.
if i'll were to use another disc i'll have to reboot with
the new CD in it...

solution anyone?

CD-RW drive doesnt detect when i change a CD-R/CD-RW

Post by DTM » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 12:09:16

Kinda silly ain't it, I am having the same problem. I
have a TDK 24x10x40x burner and a Compaq 32x
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>the problem is this
>if i want to use a CD-R/CD-RW disc
>i'll have to place the disc in the drive before rebooting
> after XP reboots with the new CD in the CD-rw drive
>it is now able to identify the disc.
>if i'll were to use another disc i'll have to reboot
with
>the new CD in it...

>solution anyone?
>.

CD-RW drive doesnt detect when i change a CD-R/CD-RW

Post by Airman Basi » Wed, 03 Oct 2001 14:33:35

Do you have auto-detect turned off?

> Kinda silly ain't it, I am having the same problem. I
> have a TDK 24x10x40x burner and a Compaq 32x

Post by <s> » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 11:38:42

Where is auto-detection setting in XP? Didn't it used to be in the device
manager properties.

> Do you have auto-detect turned off?

> > Kinda silly ain't it, I am having the same problem. I
> > have a TDK 24x10x40x burner and a Compaq 32x

Post by s » Sun, 07 Oct 2001 11:59:36

This fixed mine.

This article pointer was forwarded to you from the Microsoft Online Support
site. http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q155/2/17.asp

Quote:> Kinda silly ain't it, I am having the same problem. I