cant email doc. attached to email

Post by lass » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 20:42:57

hi there!
im experiencing lately a weird behaviour of my yahoo
email account. ive got my resume in word format .doc.
when ever i attache it to a message to apply for a job it
does not come out on th other end as a word document. i
havent send it to my self yet so dont know the format.
what i know that is not word and de coding is different
so the recepient just get simbols on the screen.
what can be causing this. if scan for viruses with no
result and firewal is disable wen i send it.

any suggestion? thanks a lot in advance;

lasse

cant email doc. attached to email

Post by Gail » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 21:30:44

Try sending it to yourself and see if it is coming over as an attachment or as
part of the message.
Emailing an attachment should not do anything to the format of the attachment

btw why are you disabling the Firewall to send an email?

Quote:> hi there!
> im experiencing lately a weird behaviour of my yahoo
> email account. ive got my resume in word format .doc.
> when ever i attache it to a message to apply for a job it
> does not come out on th other end as a word document. i
> havent send it to my self yet so dont know the format.
> what i know that is not word and de coding is different
> so the recepient just get simbols on the screen.
> what can be causing this. if scan for viruses with no
> result and firewal is disable wen i send it.

> any suggestion? thanks a lot in advance;

> lasse

cant email doc. attached to email

Probably trying to cover as many bases as possible.