Can't save jpg's from web as jpg's

Post by Chuc » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 04:58:25

When trying to save an image from the web, I get only
bitmap as a choice. This occurs when the image is a known
jpg. Problem is new. What is happening?

Can't save jpg's from web as jpg's

Post by Andy » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 05:17:26

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:58:25 -0800, [Chuck] mentioned :-

Quote:>When trying to save an image from the web, I get only
>bitmap as a choice. This occurs when the image is a known
>jpg. Problem is new. What is happening?

This is usually because your browser's temporary internet cache is
full. Delete it and it should be fine.

tools/internet options/delete files

--
Andy
----

Can't save jpg's from web as jpg's

Post by Bruce Chamber » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 05:18:11

Greetings --

  Basically, you need to clean up your temporary Internet files.

Internet Explorer Does Not Save Graphics Files in Proper Format
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q260650

Bruce Chambers
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
----
You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
having both at once. -- RAH

Quote:> When trying to save an image from the web, I get only
> bitmap as a choice. This occurs when the image is a known
> jpg. Problem is new. What is happening?

Can't save jpg's from web as jpg's

Post by Andy Rothroc » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 05:21:24

This happened to me once before.  I believe the solution was to go to
Inernet Options on the IE Toolbar and "Delete Temporary Internet Files".
That cleared things out.  I have to do that every few months to prevent
recurrence.

Quote:> When trying to save an image from the web, I get only
> bitmap as a choice. This occurs when the image is a known
> jpg. Problem is new. What is happening?

Can't save jpg's from web as jpg's

Post by Lu Powel » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 05:54:48

The Temporary Internet Files cache is probably full. If maintaining the
cache is not necessary to you, it can be automatically emptied by going
to Internet Options, Advanced Tab, Security section, check on "Empty
Temporary Internet files when browser is closed."

Quote:> When trying to save an image from the web, I get only
> bitmap as a choice. This occurs when the image is a known
> jpg. Problem is new. What is happening?

Can't save jpg's from web as jpg's

Post by <arothr.. » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:24:58

I did empty the temp internet files. Problem still
presists. Any other ideas?
Chuck

Post by <lupow.. » Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:27:29

Hi. Thanks for the reply.
I did as you suggested but the problem still persists.
What else can I do?
Chuck

Post by Alex Nicho » Tue, 28 Jan 2003 00:41:59

>When trying to save an image from the web, I get only
>bitmap as a choice. This occurs when the image is a known
>jpg. Problem is new.

This arises for some reason when the index for Temporary Internet Files
gets overloaded.  Go to Control Panel - Internet Options and in the
middle, Temporary internet files click 'Delete files'  When that is done
I suggest going to its Settings (next button) and cutting down the
amount of space it can use - 40 or 50 MB should be plenty if you are not
in the habit of downloading enormous files

--
Alex Nichol MVP (Windows - File Systems)

1. can't save jpg's off web anymore!?!?!

Ever since the latest update a few days ago, I.E. 6 will
only allow me to save images in bitmap format, regardless
of what type of images they are.

This is un-acceptable, particularly for animated gif's
that I use in my projects.

Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

2. NTFS long file names & WFW 3.11 & win95 ?

3. HOW TO: Load jpg draw on jpg save jpg????

4. where can i find the data about the "vedio on demand" ?

5. JPG's, GiF's, BMP's, what's the best editor?

6. Crash 0x0000000A (0x00000024, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804ED4C5)

7. JPG's save as JPE's!!!

8. problem with office 2000

9. Can't save as jpg's

10. JPG's saving as JPE's!!

11. IE6 keeps saving jpg's as jpeg's

12. In IE6, all the .JPG's want to save as BMP's - Why???

13. Saving jpg's & gif's from internet