CD-ROM/R/RW DVD-ROM Confusing Problems

Post by Justi » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:43:56

I have a problem with my drive that came with my VAIO. I
am on XP Home. I think the drive is Hitatchi or something
like that. But anyways here's the prolem.

My drive will read: CD-ROMs, DVDs, CD-R discs (with stuff
on them)

The Problem: When I want to burn files to a CD-R the CD
Writing Wizard refuses to believe I have a blank CD-R in
the drive. Even after it stops trying to read the disc,
which it does for almost a minute, it says "Please insert
a blank CD-R in the drive blah blah blah"

I know the drive is clean
I know the CD-Rs are blank
I have XP Home

Any help would be great with this annoying as all heck
problem, thank you a lot

Sincerely,
-Justin

CD-ROM/R/RW DVD-ROM Confusing Problems

Post by Kell » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:57:47

Hi Justin,

See if this helps:

How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Discs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q321641

--
All the Best,
Kelly

MS-MVP Win98/XP-Shell/User [AE-Windows? XP]
Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Quote:> I have a problem with my drive that came with my VAIO. I

Post by john » Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:11:37

> I have a problem with my drive that came with my VAIO. I
> am on XP Home. I think the drive is Hitatchi or something
> like that. But anyways here's the prolem.

> My drive will read: CD-ROMs, DVDs, CD-R discs (with stuff
> on them)

> The Problem: When I want to burn files to a CD-R the CD
> Writing Wizard refuses to believe I have a blank CD-R in
> the drive. Even after it stops trying to read the disc,
> which it does for almost a minute, it says "Please insert
> a blank CD-R in the drive blah blah blah"

> I know the drive is clean
> I know the CD-Rs are blank
> I have XP Home

> Any help would be great with this annoying as all heck
> problem, thank you a lot

> Sincerely,
> -Justin

Why not just install the software which came with the drive?
--
johnf
(when replying direct, please ensure my address ends with .au)

1. CD-ROM/R/RW DVD-ROM Confusing Problem

Some writers have problems with some blank disks. You can see if the cd
writer has a firmware update available, after you find out for sure what
brand yours is and what firmware it has. You would need to get the update
from the manufacturers website and follow installation instructions.
Otherwise you can keep trying different brands of disks until you find the
one that your writer always recognizes and can use effectively.

2. Missing lsasrv.dll after update; can't boot

3. setting a windows password

4. CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives do not recognize CD-ROMs and DVD-Roms

5. Multiple file print problems

6. CD-ROM/DVD-ROM/CD-RW Drive problems

7. Chokes on Tyan S1846

8. CD-Rom / CD-RW / DVD-Rom not reading data on CD's

9. OT: Pioneer DVD-ROM & Plextor CD-RW cannot read CD-ROM installation discs

10. My Drivers(CD-ROM,DVD-ROM,CD-RW) Are not being detected

11. DVD-ROM stopped working on Vaio CD-RW/DVD ROM Drive

12. CD-R/RW DVD ROM drive confusing problem