Installing printer

Post by JANET THOMA » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:00:27

I have purchased a Lexmark X73 (XP ready?) combined printer/scanner/copier.
Despite downloading XP drivers from Lexmark, I am totally unable to properly
instal this printer.  Any ideas/advice would be most welcome, or this is one
Christmas present that is going to be returned.

Jan

Installing printer

Post by Patrick Chappel » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 21:33:24

This all-in-one product doesn't work properly with XP. At least the three
systems with X73s that I worked on didn't. Tried new drivers from Lexmark
and that didn't help. Dealer's suggestion was to bring the X73 back, pay $20
more and he would exchange it for a X83.

Quote:> I have purchased a Lexmark X73 (XP ready?) combined

printer/scanner/copier.
Quote:> Despite downloading XP drivers from Lexmark, I am totally unable to
properly
> instal this printer.  Any ideas/advice would be most welcome, or this is
one
> Christmas present that is going to be returned.

> Jan

Installing printer

Post by BobB » Wed, 02 Jan 2002 21:50:39

My Lexmark X73 worked fine with XP right out of the box and continues to
work fine.

I would say it is not an XP problem.