Problem: Taskbar items are duplicated in a second taskbar area.

Problem: Taskbar items are duplicated in a second taskbar area.

Post by Trevor William » Mon, 20 Jan 2003 06:39:05

I'm not sure if this is the right venue for my question.  If not, a
nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.
I'm running XP Home Edition, version 2002 SP1.  Occasionally the task
area of my taskbar gets split into two separate sections, each showing
all of my running applications.  If I unlock the taskbar I can shrink
one of them down to make more room for the other, but I can't figure out
how to make the second one go away.  I also have no idea why it's
happening.  Has anyone encountered this problem before?
Thanks in advance,
Trevor Williams

Problem: Taskbar items are duplicated in a second taskbar area.

Post by Trevor William » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 05:54:46

Seeing as how there've been no responses to my original message, I'll
throw it out again.  Since the original posting, I've noticed that when
this error occurs, if I right-click on the taskbar and go to the
Toolbars menu, I have two toolbars selected: "Language bar" and "The
language bar".  When the error isn't happening, "The language bar" isn't
even available from the menu.  So, maybe it's an IME issue?  I haven't
gone the uninstall/reinstall route yet.  Does anyone have any experience
with this problem?
Thanks in advance!

> I'm not sure if this is the right venue for my question.  If not, a
> nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.
> I'm running XP Home Edition, version 2002 SP1.  Occasionally the task
> area of my taskbar gets split into two separate sections, each showing
> all of my running applications.  If I unlock the taskbar I can shrink
> one of them down to make more room for the other, but I can't figure out
> how to make the second one go away.  I also have no idea why it's
> happening.  Has anyone encountered this problem before?
> Thanks in advance,
> Trevor Williams

1. taskbar duplicate items

I have a weird problem with my Windows taskbar on my Tablet PC -- I can
see duplicate items for I have a weird problem with my taskbar -- I can
see duplicate items foreach program running on the system.

THis started happening for no apparent reason (I had not installed any new
software or played with the taskbar settings at all)

There is actually two instances of the task bar running there (rather than
duplicate instances of the active programs in a single taskbar panel). I
can see there are actually 2 panels when I unlock the taskbar and make the
'grabber' edge for each toolbar panel visible.

I have tried disabling all the optional toolbars but unfortunately this
does not make the problem go away.

I am running WinXP Tablet edition on Compaq TC1000.

Anyone seen this before?

TIA

Richard

each program running on the system.

THis started happening for no apparent reason (I had not installed any new
software or played with the taskbar settings at all)

There is actually two instances of the task bar running there (rather than
duplicate instances of the active programs in a single taskbar panel). I
can see there are actually 2 panels when I unlock the taskbar and make the
'grabber' edge for each toolbar panel visible.

I have tried disabling all the optional toolbars but unfortunately this
does not make the problem go away.

I am running WinXP Taablet edition on Compaq TC1000.

Anyone seen this before?

TIA

Richard

2. Netscape 4.01 Professional more stable?

3. Past items in taskbar notification area (how to clear them)

4. hw acceleration in video decoding

5. Problem: strange taskbar behavior - quicklaunch buttons only work when taskbar is vertical

6. Recent USB failures

7. Reoccurring problem with the Notification Area in Taskbar

8. FBA Errors : RegSetKeySecurity Failed

9. Taskbar Notification Area Problem

10. icon in notification area of taskbar problem

11. problem with multiple items in taskbar

12. Two taskbar problems

13. taskbar windows hidden behind taskbar