Window stay on top?

Post by Ed Brawle » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:30:20

How can I set my Notepad window to stay on top of all the
others?

Window stay on top?

Post by Jim Eshelma » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:04:08

Quote:> How can I set my Notepad window to stay on top of all the
> others?

I don't believe Notepad has that capability. (It has to be built into the
program.)

--
Jim Eshelman MS-MVP
My most common newsgroup answers can be found at:

Window stay on top?

Post by Luceele P. Smith-Huf » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:12:02

I use a program called NailIt for this; unfortunately, the developer's site
(http://www.common.net/~cv/) appears to be offline.  I can e-mail it to you
if you like, the [zip] file is only 64k.  Alternatively, you can send an

How can I set my Notepad window to stay on top of all the others?

I don't believe Notepad has that capability. (It has to be built into the
program.)

--
Jim Eshelman MS-MVP
My most common newsgroup answers can be found at:
The Windows Support Center www.aumha.org
Online newsletter "The E-List" at: www.aumha.org/elist.htm

1. Media Player 8 on WinXP won't stay on top of windows

Hi folks,

  I've recently installed WinXP clean on my system.  I have a huge
collection of Mpegs and AVI's which play fine in Mplayer2.exe and
Windows Media Player 8.  the problem I have is that I like to set up a
list of music videos, resize it and have it stay on top of all other
windows while I continue my work.  With mplayer2.exe, I can select the
"View->Always on Top" option and work and watch.  With WMP 8 for XP, I
have not found any way to do so.  The minute I click on another window,
WMP goes into the background and I can't see my video.

  One way around this was to "skin" and change to compact view.  One
would think that Microsoft's default skin would support video playback
in compact view but no.  I had to download some crappy skin just so that
I can see my video.  Sigh - brings back memories of Windows 3.1 - the
video size is a postage stamp - no way to resize this "compact" window.

  Any help would be appreciated.  I really like WMP's playlist feature -
it saves me from having to create an ASX file for mplayer2.

  regards,
  Vijay Chandra

2. Step by Step Windows XP book

3. window won't stay on top

4. VPN XP Access to Work

5. Make a window stay on top?

6. S L O W XP Pro

7. Application window won't stay on top

8. Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Multiselect

9. making a stay on top window

10. "Stay on top" utility for Windows NT Workstation?

11. IE6 stays on top when another running application is selected

12. IE6 insists on staying on top

13. IE6 stays on top